Still Spooning and Dropshotting

Still catching Spots on the spoon and drop-shot. Trick is using your graphs to locate them first and then staying on them. Here’s my buddy Backlash with a couple Spots he caught. One is 2#,13 oz, other is 2#, 6 oz. He kinda kicked my butt this trip. At one point he says “I could use a little help back here”! I turn around and he has one rod in his right hand with a spoon and another rod in his left hand with a dropshot and a fish on each. So I get the net. Both fish were Spots.

North End of Beautiful Norfork Lake...MO/AR Border
    But, it's against the rules to fish with more than one rod at a time....good to see Larry out and about, haven't run across him in awhile

3. Arkansas Rally Moderator Arkyarcher's Avatar
    Too(or maybe two) much fun. Glad to see you are still on them.
    Gene Wilson

2000 Xpress X19 Mercury 200
    Team PoorMansCustomLures

Two wrongs don't make a right , but three lefts do.

4. Member
    Nice pics, looks like a good day on the water. How deep ? Any smallmouths ?

Way to go! I have to get out myself, just can't get very excited about fishing in August. But you keep posting up those good reports and it may get me out there.

6. Cobra Boats Moderator Backlash Ar's Avatar
    Brown Trout and I went back out on Bull Shoals today and had some trouble locating them but still manage to boat 9 Kentucky's (5 keepers) mostly on drop shots today and a few on vertical spooning. Sorry, no pictures today. Won't be going back out till after all the Labor Day idiots head back home. We started to return to the ramp around 12:45 pm, which was just in time, as the water was getting really rough with all the Labor Day nimrods racing around the lake like nut jobs.
    Last edited by Backlash Ar; 09-03-2018 at 12:13 PM.

I thought I would be on Easy Street by now but somehow I missed the off ramp!

Always glad to see Labor Day in the rearview mirror. Recreational traffic will drop off once it is over.