Starting to get a little better with my 360

Well, I finally feel like I'm getting a little bit better at using my Humminbird 360. I'm not getting as clear of images as you may see WayneP post, his are just awesome, but I'm working on it. It helped me catch some fish this weekend that I probably would not have caught. I don't always see "fish" on it, but it's the structure and cover it reveals to me that helps be more efficient with my casting. I haven't been able to get out a lot and really mess with the 360, but I already see big advantage it offers. Here is just a couple of screen shots I took, nothing extremely awesome. I need to remember to take more, but I usually forget. The first shot shows some logs/brush and a drop off... oh and probably a few fish too. On the second shot, I was moving more than I needed to be, but I had just put the trolling motor down and the first rotation of the 360 showed me some beds as I was still drifting. I was just glad/surprised to see the detail.

S00049.jpg

S00050.jpg

Well sorry, I thought the images would be bigger.
    Joe

2000 Viper Coral 202
    2001 Mercury 200 EFI

2. Jon
    Those are awesome!

Good shots
    __________________________________________________ ___

**Looking for the one that makes it all worthwhile**
    __________________________________________________ ___

Units ..... 1197 (6.310) ...1198 (6.490) ... Helix 12 MSI G3N

4. Member
    Can't see anything wrong with those. Looks like waypoints are working and the detail is pretty clear. Do you see any issues with the imaging when on spot lock?
    Wes
    Helix 10 MSI+,MDI+,Ultrex IPilot
    2023 Phoenix 818
    Never assume there's a tomorrow

5. Member
    The first one is with spot lock on. It works great with spot lock. Sometimes I notice some shadowing from my trolling motor, so I may need to raise the 360 transducer... but I think it's got more to do with the disturbed water from the trolling motor prop turning at times. It doesn't show up all the time.
    Joe

2000 Viper Coral 202
    2001 Mercury 200 EFI

Quote Originally Posted by akaslyguy View Post
    The first one is with spot lock on. It works great with spot lock. Sometimes I notice some shadowing from my trolling motor, so I may need to raise the 360 transducer... but I think it's got more to do with the disturbed water from the trolling motor prop turning at times. It doesn't show up all the time.
    Sonar cannot "see" through the trolling motor. You will always have a dead spot to the lower right of the image and that will change widths according to the direction the motor is pointed.
    Notice the dark area size difference in the two posted images.
    Wayne Purdum
    Charlottesville, Va.
    Helix 12 CHIRP MEGA+ SI G3N/G4N, Helix 15 CHIRP MEGA SI+ GPS G4N
    SOLIX 12 SI/G3, Helix 8 CHIRP MEGA SI+ G4N, Ultrex 80/LINK, MEGA360,
    MEGA LIVE, LIVE TL

7. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Wayne P. View Post
    Sonar cannot "see" through the trolling motor. You will always have a dead spot to the lower right of the image and that will change widths according to the direction the motor is pointed.
    Notice the dark area size difference in the two posted images.
    Exactly, and thanks for your input Wayne,.... and yes I have noticed the amount of shadow change as the motor has moved on each sonar pass. I guess raising the transducer up won't matter much and would cause more shadow from not clearing the back of the boat if raised too much. I have it about 1.5 to 2 inches above the prop, so not going to mess with changing it.

I'm almost thinking that down the road I "may" remove the mega si transducer and get the new mega di transducer for the trolling motor. I'm really liking the 2d images I'm seeing on some screen shots from that transducer. I may not use my side imaging as much as I have in the past (at the bow) now that I'm getting used to this 360. Maybe... maybe not.
    Joe

2000 Viper Coral 202
    2001 Mercury 200 EFI

8. Member
    Nothing wrong with those for sure .

9. Steve Goncalves
    How do you get waypoints to appear on the 360 screen?
    2000 Ranger 522SVX W/ 2000 Mercury 250XB
    U.S. Air Force Retired

Quote Originally Posted by gonzz View Post
    How do you get waypoints to appear on the 360 screen?
    You turn on Waypoint Navigation and you need the AS GPS HS antenna connected.
    Wayne Purdum
    Charlottesville, Va.
    Helix 12 CHIRP MEGA+ SI G3N/G4N, Helix 15 CHIRP MEGA SI+ GPS G4N
    SOLIX 12 SI/G3, Helix 8 CHIRP MEGA SI+ G4N, Ultrex 80/LINK, MEGA360,
    MEGA LIVE, LIVE TL