Thread: AAA

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

AAA

Does anyone know if your AAA membership covers flat tires on the trailer when towing?
    2006 Triton TR196 w/ 200 Optimax \ 2021 AlumaRyder 1860 w/ 200 Rotax

2. Electrical/Wiring/Trolling Motors Moderator CatFan's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by zelmo View Post
    Does anyone know if your AAA membership covers flat tires on the trailer when towing?
    Most road service at the very least requires an upgrade to cover a trailer. For AAA you have to upgrade to an RV plan.
    If you have integrity, nothing else matters. If you don't have integrity,
    nothing else matters.​

Get the RV plan from Camping world. Covers everything, Car, Truck, Boat, Trailer, RV. !!
    Ranger Boats / Mercury Motors
    G Loomis Rods / Shimano Reels
    Raymarine / MinnKota Ultrex
    Garmin / Live Scope Plus
    Pepper Jigs / Robo Worms
    Troll Bridge / V-T2 Vents

4. Airborne/Infantry bassnman81's Avatar
    Last time I checked AAA does not cover boat trailers, Campers if you have the RV plan.

Lake Norman, N.C./New Britain, CT.
    An Khe 66-67

5. Member
    AAA in my area stopped carrying coverage for boats/trailers a few years ago. Try boatus.com.

6. Electrical/Wiring/Trolling Motors Moderator CatFan's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by bassnman81 View Post
    Last time I checked AAA does not cover boat trailers, Campers if you have the RV plan.

From AAA member guide:

Tow benefit for Recreational Vehicles (RVs) or motorcycles is available for AAA Plus RV and AAA Premier RV members as one of the four allowable service calls per membership year . Covered RVs include motor homes, pickup trucks with campers, travel trailers (including fifth-wheel travel trailers), camping trailers, motorcycles, and trailers transporting motorcycle, all-terrain vehicles, snowmobiles and boat trailers . Coverage
    is not provided for horse/livestock trailers, for utility trailers, for boat trailers in water, or other trailers not containing living accommodations or not carrying a boat, motorcycle, or snowmobile .
    If you have integrity, nothing else matters. If you don't have integrity,
    nothing else matters.​

Quote Originally Posted by Jaydbee View Post
    AAA in my area stopped carrying coverage for boats/trailers a few years ago. Try boatus.com.
    Boat US and if you don't have a boating certificate they have an online course.

8. Member
    I have the Premier plan with AAA. They told me as long as my boat trailer is attached to my truck, they will come and fix a flat or if there is an bearing/spindle failure they will tow my boat/trailer within the limits of the membership benefits. A year or so ago, I had a blowout on my trailer and my jack broke while trying to jack it up to change the tire. My car insurance towing policy would not deal with a boat trailer break down. I later found out that my boat insurance (Markel) would pay for flat tire repair or a short tow. But this happened on a weekend and they would not answer the phone. I did not know if a road breakdown for my trailer was covered. So AAA premier membership is what I chose. One thing I like about AAA is that with the Premier coverage, they will cover the cost of towing my boat trailer if that is what is broke down up to 200 miles. So I should able to find a trailer repair shop or boat dealer to take it to. They also told me if the truck breaks down while towing, my membership covers towing both. In other words they wont leave the boat/trailer sitting there on the road while truck is towed for repair.

9. Member
    Thanks for the info.

10. Airborne/Infantry bassnman81's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Tromanoski View Post
    I have the Premier plan with AAA. They told me as long as my boat trailer is attached to my truck, they will come and fix a flat or if there is an bearing/spindle failure they will tow my boat/trailer within the limits of the membership benefits. A year or so ago, I had a blowout on my trailer and my jack broke while trying to jack it up to change the tire. My car insurance towing policy would not deal with a boat trailer break down. I later found out that my boat insurance (Markel) would pay for flat tire repair or a short tow. But this happened on a weekend and they would not answer the phone. I did not know if a road breakdown for my trailer was covered. So AAA premier membership is what I chose. One thing I like about AAA is that with the Premier coverage, they will cover the cost of towing my boat trailer if that is what is broke down up to 200 miles. So I should able to find a trailer repair shop or boat dealer to take it to. They also told me if the truck breaks down while towing, my membership covers towing both. In other words they wont leave the boat/trailer sitting there on the road while truck is towed for repair.
    Your lucky, here in NC AAA don't cover boatg trailers.

In instances where your vehicle is disabled while towing a trailer, service may be provided for the trailer at your expense and will be payable to the service facility at the time of service. Plus/RV and Premier/RV service extends coverage to include travel trailers with sleeping accommodations used for the purpose of camping. You may not use more than one service call per breakdown. Vehicles that have been modified by the owner risk possible damage when towed or serviced. AAA Carolinas reserves the right to refuse the tow or service on the grounds of safety and liability. If service is provided, the owner assumes responsibility for any damages not caused by the operator’s negligence. Premier’s 200 mile tow is not extended to vehicles requiring RV coverage. Charges for flatbed service requested by members, when not required by the AAA Towing manual, will be passed on to the member. The responding tow truck will have room for up to two passengers. AAA can assist in locating transportation (Uber, Lyft, Taxi, etc.) service at the member’s expense to transport additional passengers. The final decision to provide service to a vehicle safely is left to the discretion of the AAA Contracted Road Service Provider.

Lake Norman, N.C./New Britain, CT.
    An Khe 66-67

My wife works for AAA and she says that you have to have +RV BUT the rules all vary by state so you would need to check with your local AAA office to make sure its covered

12. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Astro-T View Post
    BUT the rules all vary by state so you would need to check with your local AAA office to make sure its covered
    I was not aware of that. Silly of me to ask the question here.

13. Better Lucky Than Good! Casslaw's Avatar
    My wife has AAA but when I got insurance for the boat through Bill @ Worldwide Marine my policy came with roadside service.
    2006 Triton SP-185, 2006 Evinrude Etec 90, PowerTech NRS3, Garmin Echomap Plus 73CV & 93SV

14. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Casslaw View Post
    My wife has AAA but when I got insurance for the boat through Bill @ Worldwide Marine my policy came with roadside service.

That is who I have my insurance through also. I will check the policy.

15. Member
    Progressive includes roadside assistance for your trailer, but they will only cover the tow up to 12 miles. After that you pay. I have AAA for all my other insurance. Going to look into the RV coverage.

Tourney partner and I had a bearing go earlier this year. Tow to his house on a flatbed would have been $650. He didn’t have any towing insurance.

16. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Casslaw View Post
    That is what I was thinking as well.
    2016 Ranger RT188 Charcoal Metallic Dual Console
    2017 Yamaha 115 VMAX SHO SS Prop
    Lowrance Elite 7Ti in console
    Humminbird Helix 10 SI on BBT Bow Mount

Humminbird Helix 10 SI on a BalZout @ Console
    Minn Kota Ultrex 80 - 24V i-Pilot Link
    Transducer Shield Mount
    Custom step in place of center seat
    Trick Step

17. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by zelmo View Post
    That is who I have my insurance through also. I will check the policy.
    Good grief, you need to be an attorney to get through that. Anyway I am covered. Anyone wondering the same thing you need to be sure your declaration page shows Roadside Assistance selected.

18. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Amistad Tackle View Post
    Progressive includes roadside assistance for your trailer, but they will only cover the tow up to 12 miles. After that you pay.
    That isn't what the policy states. They will cover to the "nearest qualified repair facility."

Quote Originally Posted by Amistad Tackle View Post
    Tourney partner and I had a bearing go earlier this year.
    I haven't had that experience. How did you know - noise, smoke, vibration?

19. Member
    Well Im going to review my policy and give AAA Texas a call and confirm again what I was told about boat trailer coverage. I had no idea that coverage with AAA was different from state to state. I do have boat insurance that covers towing but I dont really know the specifics except they will reimburse qualified expenses. I better check with them as well. This has been a good thread.

20. Member
    Update to my above post on AAA coverage of my boat trailer. AAA informed me with the Premier membership I have, if while towing my boat trailer breaks down they will come and provide assistance. If it changing a flat they will do that. If the boat trailer is disabled and needs to go to a repair shop, they told me they would tow it up to 200 miles to a qualified repair shop. Three additional tows per membership year at lesser distances. If my tow vehicle breaks down and needs towed, they will tow both and not require me to leave the boat/trailer on the road. They said it covers me any where in the United States. They also said it covers me and if I was riding with someone and we would break down, my towing/roadside assistance could be used there as well. Thats what my previous notes also said that I wrote down when I was signing up with them 2 years ago. To date I have used the battery service, travel service, and hotel discounts and it has worked as advertised. Hopefully I wont need to find out if their towing service is as good too.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast