Chickamauga pointers

I have an opportunity to fish lake chickamauga in early October, I’m really excited I’ve heard of some killer bags coming in. Anyway I was hoping to get some input on what to expect in early October ( never been there before )
    not looking for your honey hole , just some general info to help have a good weekend. Will they be moving into creeks by then or still out deep?
    Lure suggestions?
    north end or south end?
    Any help would be great and appreciated

2. Banned
    Frog bite should be in full swing by then. Find a matt and start throwing.

Bill

3. Member
    TVA will be dropping the lake by then, so be a bit more careful where you run.
    Where is your base camp? Dayton (up river) or Chattanooga (down the lake).

Dayton but I don’t mind running to get on fish

5. Member
    From Dayton, up up and away you should go
    2013 Legend 211R
    2017 Ford F-150 Ecoboost

6. Member
    Matted grass starts at the Hwy. 60 bridge (5 minutes ish downstream from Dayton) and then goes upstream from there, so yes mostly up from Dayton.

7. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by printman71 View Post
    Matted grass starts at the Hwy. 60 bridge (5 minutes ish downstream from Dayton) and then goes upstream from there, so yes mostly up from Dayton.
    Is there more topped out grass upstream this year like there was last year? I haven't been above sale creek since May.

8. Member
    Anything north from the Harrison bay state park area the grass is plentiful especially back in the bays and flatter pockets

This is giving me something to study on , thanks guys

10. Member
    Been following this thread as well. I'm also looking to go in October or early November and am thinking about staying in a cabin at Blue Water Resort in Dayton. After seeing you guys discuss the frog bite, I think I'm sold. Anyone stay at Blue Water? The photos look like it's really nice.

11. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Rick2018 View Post
    Been following this thread as well. I'm also looking to go in October or early November and am thinking about staying in a cabin at Blue Water Resort in Dayton. After seeing you guys discuss the frog bite, I think I'm sold. Anyone stay at Blue Water? The photos look like it's really nice.
    Blue Water is very nice. Personally thought their ramp sucked. Only because of the angle when I was there. Made it difficult to load by yourself. The resort is first class in my book.
    Basscat!

12. Member
    Ive stayed at BlueWater several times, great cabins and extremely nice people. The ramp is a single with limited parking but it works.

13. The Kairos Lures Guy Fidgetcranker's Avatar
    2nd week of Oct for me! Hope the mats aren't beat down by then.

Any updates?? It looks like it has been pretty warm weather around there, are they scattered or have they started moving to the creeks ?

15. Matt20xd
    Who knows. It has rained hard for the last 4 days. Lake is at least 3 feet higher than it should be and the flood gates are open, pulling close to 100k right now.

16. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Matt20xd View Post
    Who knows. It has rained hard for the last 4 days. Lake is at least 3 feet higher than it should be and the flood gates are open, pulling close to 100k right now.
    This certainly won't help the grass.