2007 90HP Optimax 2 Stroke dies when cold

Hey everyone I'm new to the forums, a little info about the boat, it's a new to me as of beginning of this year. Its a 2007 Bass Tracker PT190 w/ 2 Stroke 90 Optimax. The problem I've been having recently all seemed to start after I put a new 22p Laser ii prop on. When the motor is "cold" or being started after sitting for a bit it will idle fine but once put into gear it will misfire and sometimes die. The issue goes away once you give it a good stab of the throttle. The boat has a new primer bulb and line going directly to the pump mounted on the side of the VST, haven't changed the fuel line under the back compartment to the tank itself yet (which I should probably do). The boat also has new plugs wires and coils along with a new fuel filter. Once its been running for 20-30 seconds or so it runs like a champ. The prop has a PVS system on it which the old one didn't so not sure if that could cause these issues?? Any insight would be great, thanks!

2. Member
    Two things, first (you'll hear it anyway) is engine serial number needed when you post, and second, if you aren't pumping the bulb before every engine start try that and post back. Is the new primer bulb Mercury or other brand?

Welcome to BBC.
    _______

Phil
    '09 Hewescraft ProV
    '09 150 Optimax

3. Member
    Sorry I forgot to include that! Serial #1B262983. The primer bulb I believe is a Mercury OEM bulb, usually I just squeeze the primer once and its already hard and can't be squeezed again. I believe it's gotta be something fuel related, whether it be the fuel draining out of the VST and back to the tank as it runs great after you get past the issue im having. Are there any kind of check valves in the pump mounted on the side of the VST or is the fuel held there by the check valve in the primer bulb?? I have a new one of those pumps, couldn't hurt to swap it out and see if that fixes my issues!

4. Member
    it does sound fuel related a quick check of pressures fuel and air should determine whether there is a problem, but could also be a problem in sensors not relaying correct info to pcm
    .................................................. ...the scariest thing in life is the unknown ...................................