Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

2019 225 prop height

I finally got my 19’ in the water and got through my first 3 hours so I could open it up. Acceleration is great but I hear and see some blowout. Fully trimmed I’m at 5950 and 68.5 mph but my rooster tail is probably 10 ft. The dealer said at stock adjustment he expected it to be only about 2-3 ft high at the same rpm but run 72-73. My current ptp is 2”. Should I drop it 1/4”. Water pressure is at 25psi wide open

2. Member
    You need to bump your trim down a tad and it will hook up gain speed.
    2017 Skeeter ZX225
    12” Bobs Action Jack
    Dual Powers Poles

3. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Hchamberlin1 View Post
    I finally got my 19’ in the water and got through my first 3 hours so I could open it up. Acceleration is great but I hear and see some blowout. Fully trimmed I’m at 5950 and 68.5 mph but my rooster tail is probably 10 ft. The dealer said at stock adjustment he expected it to be only about 2-3 ft high at the same rpm but run 72-73. My current ptp is 2”. Should I drop it 1/4”. Water pressure is at 25psi wide open
    You probably need some tip cup.

4. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Bigcountry35 View Post
    You need to bump your trim down a tad and it will hook up gain speed.
    I tried this and then could only run about 65 at 5600. I was on a tough lake to really hold a line for a long period today. I could run it to 65 in seconds but then it was really slow to climb. Also compared to my stratos I had the steering is incredibly stiff at high speed

5. Member
    Randy T may be dead on you may need a little cup on the tip, what prop are you running last time I went to my dealer they told me they were having to put Fury’s on the new boats due to the back log of Yamaha props
    2017 Skeeter ZX225
    12” Bobs Action Jack
    Dual Powers Poles

6. Member
    25 t2.

I was thinking too, maybe it needs raised more so I can use less trim... just brainstorming ideas

7. Member
    What is your jackplate set at currently most come showing 7 dots if it’s not that’s where I’d probably start
    2017 Skeeter ZX225
    12” Bobs Action Jack
    Dual Powers Poles

8. Member
    I’ll have to check that it’s either 6 or 7 showing. Looking at mine the less dots shown the higher the motor is. My old slide master didn’t have dots

9. Member
    I’ll have to check that it’s either 6 or 7 showing. Looking at mine the less dots shown the higher the motor is. My old slide master didn’t have dots

Can you take a picture of it and post it
    2017 Skeeter ZX225
    12” Bobs Action Jack
    Dual Powers Poles

10. Member
    Yes I’ll post one up in the morning. It’s in my shop down the road

11. Member
    This is the current setup, less dots means lower motor to me
    Attached Images Attached Images

12. Member
    Motor was crooked. 6 on one side 7 on the other. I got it 8 on both now at 1.5 ptp

13. Member
    You should be really close at 8 dots
    2017 Skeeter ZX225
    12” Bobs Action Jack
    Dual Powers Poles

14. Member
    im running at 12 dots. I started at 5 dots and kept going up until water pressure started to fall. At 13 dots it would drop below 10 at wot, so back to 12 it was. Runs great and pressure is 12-13 psi at wot.
    Jon Helmer Sulphur, La
    2020 Basscat Cougar 250 SHO

15. Member
    Went out today with it at 8.5 dots showing and it was a bit off yet. 6100 rpm full trim was 68 mph, it ran 69.3 at 5700 rpm, which is just a few bumps down on the trim switch. This tells me I should raise the motor another dot or 2

16. Banned
    Stiff steering is usually a sign of being too high.

17. Member
    That is incorrect. The less dots showing the lower the engine is. The more dots the higher it is. Example, going from 6 dots to 7 dots will be 1/4" higher engine height.

18. Member
    Went out today with it at 8.5 dots showing and it was a bit off yet. 6100 rpm full trim was 68 mph, it ran 69.3 at 5700 rpm, which is just a few bumps down on the trim switch. This tells me I should raise the motor another dot or 2
    No way you should be running that high unless you have a very light load in the bow. I believe you should be around 6-7 dots and send the prop in to Croxton. Some of the new T-2 props are off straight out of the box!

19. Member
    Its not what I would call a heavy load. Maybe 50 lbs plus rods. Odd thing is, it’s still high on water pressure. I actually moved it to 9 showing this morning but haven’t run it. I measured ptp again and it’s 2.25”. I just feel 68-69 at 6000 rpm is way to slow for this boat and it’s not getting enough lift. Coming from 7 dots to 8.5 the last trip was night and day. 7 dots it drove horrible and plowed even while trimmed out.

Quote Originally Posted by bgibson View Post
    No way you should be running that high unless you have a very light load in the bow. I believe you should be around 6-7 dots and send the prop in to Croxton. Some of the new T-2 props are off straight out of the box!

20. Member
    What hole is your motor mounted on mine is third hole from the top my P2P measurement at 8 1/2 dots is 1 5/16” from the factory it was on the 7th dot and measured exactly 1 11/16” I only raised it because I had some work done on the prop which I haven’t tested yet as I put a 26 pitch 4 blade SL4 on it (which is to stiff and I knew when I ordered it that it was) and am trying to test it ran it Saturday jumps on plane but only turns 5300 at 62 mph probably could get a little more out of it but lake was crowded slip is 17% at those numbers I will have it worked to run high so I am not lowering the plate to test it I will make one more test before it is worked on a less crowded day or very early in the morning before everyone is out on the water. Long story short before I had the 25P T1 worked on I could run fully loaded with a partner full tank of gas (people weight 450lbs) at 68-70 mph with no problems. Raise the motor till you see a decrease in speed or your water pressure drops no 2 boats are the exact same and your boat should run low to mid 70’s easy solo probably closer to mid 70’s once set up is right. The T2 is known to be off but some of them are not and run very well straight out of the box. Since you have some blowout I would say to have the prop worked before you adjust to much and go from there once it has some cup added and the blades are true you will have to do some small adjustments but it will be worth it
    2017 Skeeter ZX225
    12” Bobs Action Jack
    Dual Powers Poles

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast