Thread: 94 xb2003

94 xb2003

Allison 2003 repower with a etec g2 150 or 175 ho engines to heavy for this boat?
    Last edited by SWA12; 08-26-2018 at 10:36 AM.

2. Member
    im running a 2005 225 optimax on the bacck of my 95 2003. she runs just fine. roughly about 500 lbs

3. Member
    Copy that, I appreciate the info. My concern was after reading a few post it seemed these boats were a little sensitive to weight changes. I currently run a Tracker 195 and its a nice rig but I'm really liking what I see with the Allison 03. Much more flexibility. My situation has changed dramatically in the last year with moving and wouldn't you know it, 4 out of 5 kids are on there way with grand kids in tow! So much for a quiet retirement in a few years...Ha

4. Member
    I can’t comment on the weight however I have wanted an Allison since I was 10 and was fortunate enough to purchase one about a month ago, seating for the kids (mine are 5&7 and growing fast) was a huge selling point with the wife. Mine has a 1997 Johnson 150 on it for now, I plan on repowering someday with a 250xs, but even with the lower power now I am nothing but ecstatic with this boat. Handles rough water better than any bass or fish&ski I’ve driven and even though I can’t drive it well, don’t have it set up right, etc. I still have not been passed. If you are interested in one and can make a deal work go for it, I don’t think you will be disappointed!

5. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by ntxwaterfowl View Post
    I can’t comment on the weight however I have wanted an Allison since I was 10 and was fortunate enough to purchase one about a month ago, seating for the kids (mine are 5&7 and growing fast) was a huge selling point with the wife. Mine has a 1997 Johnson 150 on it for now, I plan on repowering someday with a 250xs, but even with the lower power now I am nothing but ecstatic with this boat. Handles rough water better than any bass or fish&ski I’ve driven and even though I can’t drive it well, don’t have it set up right, etc. I still have not been passed. If you are interested in one and can make a deal work go for it, I don’t think you will be disappointed!
    When I was a little kid my dad had the front latch of an xb03 on quick disconnect hinges and me and my brother would sit up there when we had a boat load of people. Great memory of mine. Not too many bassboats have seated 7 before either!

6. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by JCSmile View Post
    When I was a little kid my dad had the front latch of an xb03 on quick disconnect hinges and me and my brother would sit up there when we had a boat load of people. Great memory of mine. Not too many bassboats have seated 7 before either!
    That’s awesome! My kids have already been pretending it’s a fort under there.

everybody I have talked to with big 3l power,on xb2003, has said they handled better with no lip,,not gonna start that argument,but i'm putting my 15" mid on my 3l merc this winter,cause i think it is safer,although I have the lighest 3l out there,250xb with 300 heads,ecu's simon flywheel etc,on alien,300x midsection. I have zero issues at the moment,cept i think the lip causes alot of wigglin,at times, in the 75-80 area.
    Last edited by cajunrgfm; 09-03-2018 at 01:56 PM.

9. Member
    Beautiful set up !! Well my mind is made up and the search is on.

Quote Originally Posted by SWA12 View Post
    Beautiful set up !! Well my mind is made up and the search is on.

and my gel isnt yellowed white,it is sandstone,,
    Quote Originally Posted by cajunrgfm View Post
    everybody I have talked to with big 3l power,on xb2003, has said they handled better with no lip,,not gonna start that argument,but i'm putting my 15" mid on my 3l merc this winter,cause i think it is safer,although I have the lighest 3l out there,250xb with 300 heads,ecu's simon flywheel etc,on alien,300x midsection. I have zero issues at the moment,cept i think the lip causes alot of wigglin,at times, in the 75-80 area.