2001 mercury 200L EFI....... COILS !!!!!!!

Hey guys I have a 2001 Mercury 200 EFI motor serial number ot391992 and I'm wondering if I can replace the spark plug wires without having to replace the entire coil pack.

The coil pack model number is 827509T7. I'm trying to do some troubleshooting I think the motor runs well but it doesn't seem like it performs excellent so I was trying to replace things one by one I have already done plugs wires would be next and then coils after that.

Preferably would like to put all new coils on the motor even if only one or two are bad but unfortunately they cost $100 a piece it seems like that's especially why I want to try and replace just the wires first has anybody had luck with this or can anyone tell me for sure that the wires come off

2. Banned
    Try the forum for your motor size, i.e., 3L etc. Will probably get you a quicker answer

3. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by acesover View Post
    Try the forum for your motor size, i.e., 3L etc. Will probably get you a quicker answer
    ^^^^
    _______

Phil
    '09 Hewescraft ProV
    '09 150 Optimax

4. Mercury 3L/4 Stroke/Verado Moderator EuropeanAM's Avatar
    This is a 2.5L engine.... next forum down.

Dual Mercury Master Technician- for Mercury Outboards, Mercruiser and Mercury Racing at European Marine in Greenville, SC.
    Still consider myself a "Marine Apprentice" after 47 years (learn something new every day).
    Mercury Parts, Mercury Outboards, Smartcraft & Accessories, Injector Service, TDR Reeds- BBC Sponsor