Moss growing on carpet

I'm looking at buying my first bass boat and I'm looking at one that has been uncovered for the last year. So it has acorns in all the spots from chipmunks, wiring will have to be redone and it has some light moss on the carpet. What's the best way to get rid of the moss and mildew? Just powerwash the heck out of it? Then same for scrubbing the seats clean?

Assuming we buy this....Just trying to figure out what I need to do for the cosmetics so my son can work on that as I work on the wiring.

2. Member
    replace the carpet, deduct it from the price of the boat. It's not worth dicking with.
    2023 SCB 20EF
    2023 SCB CC 210LR

3. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Scott S. View Post
    replace the carpet, deduct it from the price of the boat. It's not worth dicking with.
    Ok thanks. I was hoping some light bleach mixed into a powerwasher or something would work. Thx

yep, power wash it and then keep it dry and not exposed like it's been. Check for soft (rotted) floor and deck
    2000 Javelin Renegade 20 DC.
    Strong men create easy times, Easy times create weak men & weak men create hard times. Sheikh Rashid bin Saeed Al Maktoum
    In 1944 18-20 year old's stormed beaches, and parachuted behind enemy lines to almost certain death.
    In 2015 18-20 year old's need safe zones so people don't hurt their feelings. "Author Unknown"
    In 2021 18-40 year old's want to and work to cancel you out if you have a different opinion.

If it’s outside u covered for a year....I’d be worried bout the gel.
    BULLET 20 XRD/250 Merc Sport XS
    www.ncboatguy.com

6. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by moverjim View Post
    Ok thanks. I was hoping some light bleach mixed into a powerwasher or something would work. Thx
    NO BLEACH!!!! It will eat it up.
    2023 SCB 20EF
    2023 SCB CC 210LR

7. Member
    Careful with the the power washer, it can break down the glue and allow the carpet to lift up. Especially if it is older carpet, like 10+ years old.
    Chris

2020 Nitro Z19 Pro w/ 200 ProXS