Thread: 4 blade prop

Question 4 blade prop

Trying to decide which 4blade prop.
    My hole shot sucks !
    With full gas tank, full live wells two people. I also have two talons with the dual wing style bracket bolted on a 8" jack plate..
    Boat is single console, pad bass boat 20.6 ft. weights 1650 lbs. Mercury 250 Pro XS.
    I running a Fury 3 blade 26" now. Boat tops @ 68 MPG, gps. at 5900 RPM.
    I think a 4 blade will help my hole shot and, if get the right set up, should still run well WOT.
    Here's my delima,I don't want to,,,, or have the money for new prop, as they are crazy expensive. I have located a Merc Bravo 1, 4B/24". I know nothing about a Bravo 1.
    Also a Fury 4B/24. and a Tempest 4B/25" All are used, but seem to be in great shape. just would like some input from those of you that would know .
    I'm not able to test any of the three before buying. This is due to fact they all three are a long way from where I live.

Which of these would have the best overall performance top speed and good holesshot ? I know it would be a educated guess, But, would help.
    Especially want to know about the quality and results expect from the Merc Bravo 1.
    thanks

2. Member
    A Bravo 24" with dual PVS holes will give you great holeshot but is too small. You will hit the limiter quickly. Bravos run about 1" lower in pitch than advertised. You need a 26" or 27" Bravo I with the dual holes.

3. Banned
    My bravo xs 24 runs the same rpms as my tempest 24. Have you ever had the chance to try any other props on your boat?
    Last edited by grout-scout; 08-25-2018 at 10:39 PM.

4. Member
    No, Ive only had it out once. My guess is the original owner kept what ever prop he was running. I have gone to 4B "lifter" prop on another boat I had and it was amazing . It was two MPH faster that the 3 /B and the hole shot was great. I don't think they make the Lifter prop any longer. They were made in Florida, may be some Floridian's out there know if still made.

5. Member
    How many rpm's are you turning the 26 fury at break over. You need to be between 3500 and 3800 rpm's at breal over for a good hole shot. Just looking at your numbers I'd say the 26" fury is too much prop for you and a 25" or 24" fury would be a better prop. Post what model boat your running.

6. Member
    I think you should have hit your rpm warning at 5750.check the rpms with your smart guage.

7. Pat Goff
    What boat???? They're all different and have different needs.
    Pat Goff

Two degrees from center
    of nowhere.
    Smithwick TX.

[SIGPIC][<a href=http://www.bbcboards.net/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=583&dateline=1498828542/SIGPIC] target=_blank>http://www.bbcboards.net/image.php?t...828542/SIGPIC]</a>

8. Member
    yep, mdtrin21...I agree with you....Thanks

9. Member
    Hi pmgoffjr, thanks for asking. Running a 2008 Champion 206, Merc 250 Pro XS, single console , two talons + dual wing adjustable Talon mounts off man 8" jack plate.
    Jeff

Love smell & sound of two 2 stk in morning

10. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Dwish View Post
    I think you should have hit your rpm warning at 5750.check the rpms with your smart guage.
    The 250 Pro XS is a 6k motor.

11. Pat Goff
    206 has always ran best with a tempest. All the stuff hanging off the transom probably a 25 should get the job done.
    Pat Goff

Two degrees from center
    of nowhere.
    Smithwick TX.

[SIGPIC][<a href=http://www.bbcboards.net/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=583&dateline=1498828542/SIGPIC] target=_blank>http://www.bbcboards.net/image.php?t...828542/SIGPIC]</a>

12. Member
    Pat, thank you for your input. I've read all your info on Champions. This is my 3rd Champ and the 1st "wide body" . Course when I had my last Champ it was before they had come up with all the stuff to hang off the back. Biy times were better when all was simpler !
    Thanks for your help