Issues with 2.0 Blades

I recently installed two 8' blades (CM2.0) and experiencing some issues. I am using the key fob, dash controller and foot switches. When using any of the 3 at times when deploying the anchors only one will deploy all the way down and one will go down as if I only hit the down button one time. It does the same when going back up. At times only one will come up while the other stays down. The pumps will even continue to run at times after it has reached its stop, I have to hit the up/down button to make the pump turn off. I have bled them the proper way (twice) and the fluid level is correct. I called PP and they said to check the console switch to make sure that both buttons blink to make sure that I am not just controlling one side which I am not and then they told me that there seems to be some sort of interference with maybe the bilge pump?? My gas tank is under the seat so there is plenty of room in the bilge for both pumps and I don't feel as though that is the issue. If anyone has run into this issue or anything similar, any help would be greatly appreciated, thanks.

2. Member
    Yeah when my poles were new mine did the same thing. I just kept using them and it went away. My guess was air that finally got situated in the system.

3. BBC SPONSOR/ Shallow Water Anchors Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by FatAce View Post
    I recently installed two 8' blades (CM2.0) and experiencing some issues. I am using the key fob, dash controller and foot switches. When using any of the 3 at times when deploying the anchors only one will deploy all the way down and one will go down as if I only hit the down button one time. It does the same when going back up. At times only one will come up while the other stays down. The pumps will even continue to run at times after it has reached its stop, I have to hit the up/down button to make the pump turn off. I have bled them the proper way (twice) and the fluid level is correct. I called PP and they said to check the console switch to make sure that both buttons blink to make sure that I am not just controlling one side which I am not and then they told me that there seems to be some sort of interference with maybe the bilge pump?? My gas tank is under the seat so there is plenty of room in the bilge for both pumps and I don't feel as though that is the issue. If anyone has run into this issue or anything similar, any help would be greatly appreciated, thanks.
    you need to adjust the sensitivity if the pumps continue to run after they are stopping, this will fix that issue. I would try to reprogram all your switches, and do the sensitivy adjustment on the overrunning pole or Poles and start there.

4. BBC SPONSOR
    Quote Originally Posted by FatAce View Post
    Help sent via PM

5. BBC SPONSOR/ Shallow Water Anchors Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by Hydrilla Gear View Post
    Help sent via PM

Quote Originally Posted by Hydrilla Gear View Post
    Help sent via PM
    Can you post here so we can all see what you're suggesting. My buddy just got a new triton and he's having a similar issue. I think it's air in the hoses and I told him to go out deep and deploy them 10-15 times to get the air out. Would like to know other suggestions I can share with him.
    Family is everything!!! Fishing is a close second
    2010 TR-18 Pro w/150 OptiMax & Dual 8' Blades

7. Member
    My dual poles I got from Hydrilla gear do the same thing. Even after months of using them. Curious as to what help was suggested?
    Troll lightly and carry a big flippin stick!!!

Quote Originally Posted by LuistLTZ View Post
    My dual poles I got from Hydrilla gear do the same thing. Even after months of using them. Curious as to what help was suggested?
    Only had mine a little over a month and mine do exactly the same thing as well. I deployed them in deep water a few times last time out but still the same problem. I double tap the hand remote and only one will deploy sometimes and only one will come up sometimes. I messed with the sensitivity but that didn’t seem to matter and every once in awhile the pumps will continue to run. I contacted PP and they thought maybe it was a faulty remote causing the pumps to run constantly. This seems like a common problem with the 2.0 Blades. It seems to be more of a communication issue to me and not a sensitivity issue. The sensitivity thing doesn’t make sense to me because one deploys all the way and the other pole doesn’t even move and the sensitivity is set the same for both pumps.

9. BBC SPONSOR/ Shallow Water Anchors Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by cneubass79 View Post
    Only had mine a little over a month and mine do exactly the same thing as well. I deployed them in deep water a few times last time out but still the same problem. I double tap the hand remote and only one will deploy sometimes and only one will come up sometimes. I messed with the sensitivity but that didn’t seem to matter and every once in awhile the pumps will continue to run. I contacted PP and they thought maybe it was a faulty remote causing the pumps to run constantly. This seems like a common problem with the 2.0 Blades. It seems to be more of a communication issue to me and not a sensitivity issue. The sensitivity thing doesn’t make sense to me because one deploys all the way and the other pole doesn’t even move and the sensitivity is set the same for both pumps.
    sensitivity only controls the overrun or underrun of the pumps, it would have nothing to do with one coming up or going down.

10. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by cneubass79 View Post
    Sounds like we're all having the same type problem all of a sudden
    Charles Prue - Linthicum Heights, MD
    2003 Champion 206 Elite - 250 VMax

11. Member
    Definitely sounds like something with the sending signal. Both my lanyard and dash mounted remotes do the same thing.

12. Member
    I was experiencing this same thing this weekend. While reading this, it got me thinking. What about bluetooth interference? It seems like after I upgraded my Carbon 12, my driver side pole has been doing the same more frequently... If you think about it I have 2 graphs, two phones(friend in the boat), and two poles, all running bt.

13. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by jhanson1114 View Post
    I was experiencing this same thing this weekend. While reading this, it got me thinking. What about bluetooth interference? It seems like after I upgraded my Carbon 12, my driver side pole has been doing the same more frequently... If you think about it I have 2 graphs, two phones(friend in the boat), and two poles, all running bt.
    That can't be the case. I mainly fish shallow water and don't have my graphs on and leave my phone in the truck a lot of times and they still do it.

Quote Originally Posted by kandkkustomzhydrographics View Post
    sensitivity only controls the overrun or underrun of the pumps, it would have nothing to do with one coming up or going down.
    Yes that makes perfect sense. Maybe I worded my response wrong but yes I agree. This has to be a communication issue because one deploys all the way and the other one doesn’t, so the signal was transmitted since one unit deploys.

Both pumps do the same thing so it’s not just one side. Sometimes the port side will stay up and sometimes the starboard side will stay up. It’s almost like the pumps only receive a transmission in a certain point in their scan. Both my pumps power up at the same time but I notice the green indicator on the pumps are not in sequence so I’m assuming they are not running at the same scan speed, or one pump boots up faster than the other. That’s the only explanation I got anyways.
    Last edited by cneubass79; 09-06-2018 at 05:49 PM.

15. Member
    any update on this issue? my dad has a set on a new phoenix and they are acting this same way. looking for solutions.

16. BBC SPONSOR
    Harmonic and frequency interference is something I am sure all manufacturers face... Unfortunately for some manufacturers, it effects there product more than others. For example an operating aerator causing signal interference with a Power Pole pump. With so many unknowns Power Pole and others are constantly working to battle and correct these issues. Firmware updates help resolve them and this is why it never hurts to take the time to run an update while washing or messing around in your boat. In addition, some Power pole owners will never experience an issue while others will. I have also noticed that some boat brands seem to have more issues then others. My thought is due to construction practices and equipment brand choices..

Some of you guys hit it right on the head. Signal transmission.. CM1.0 units transmit signal in 1 direction. From transmitter (remote) to pump. CM2.0 units transmit in both directions between remote and pump. When the user hits the button on the remote a batch of information is sent to the pump. Not once but a number of times. So lets say 6 different batches are sent and the pump reads these batches of info and does as instructed. Clearly there are things that can delay this signal or communication between the transmitter and HPU... i.e deck construction, distance, remote location, boat accessories etc etc.

Also, each pump is its own entity meaning pump location can also play a roll in signal strength. When dual power poles are located in a boat even though they are synced together they still have there own antenna and act on there own so to speak.

Note, I have seen faulty jack plate relay's cause an issue with signal, bilge and aerator pumps, deck and hull construction..

Generally a Firmware update is the fix for a majority of signal issues when it comes to power poles and if they are not fixed on this update I am sure Power Pole will fix it on the next.

Running a diag report and sending it to Power Pole will get the ball in motion on what the issue could be. I WOULD ALSO MAKE NOTE for those who are having any kind of signal issues to run and send the report under the same conditions your experiencing the issues.

For example. You may be experiencing no issues at home while in the garage... You put the power pole down and up and it works perfect each time.. Then when you get to the water you do the same up/down and your pole acts up. If this is the case, Run and send the report while on the water NOT when your back in the garage.