Slow out of the hole but hitting the rev limiter on step, I need some advise

I have a 1996 Javelin 369 se powered by a 2012 Mercury Pro sx 115. My current prop is a power tech M135RED-19p. It points the nose up more than I would like getting out of the hole but once on step and trimmed up it will hit the rev warning and feels like it's still pulling. I recently installed a hydrofoil which did help on the holeshot but still hits the rev warning.

I'm not sure if the motor is too high/low or if it's a prop issue. The motor was installed not that long ago by a dealer so I'm guessing it should be correct but I know that's not always the case. Any advise would be appreciated.

2. Member
    Try a power tech 4 blade 19p, this will get you out of hole faster and should keep the rpm down also.
    Toro Bay Pro Shop will work with you on this.
    Last edited by bpicinc; 08-24-2018 at 04:59 PM. Reason: adding info
    Bill Perry
    Zwolle, LA (Toledo Bend)
    bpicinc_2000@yahoo.com
    2001 ZX-250 VMAX 225. HDS-9 Carbon, HDS-7Carbon, 3D Sonar, HB 998c hd si, Active Target, MG Tour Pro 36v, 12" Slide Master
    USN, USS Newport News CA-148

3. Better Lucky Than Good! Casslaw's Avatar
    I tend to agree with the above, I have a PowerTech as well, the guy at propgods.com has been very helpful with me...they will switch props out for about $35 until you get the right prop but talking to them directly they usually get you the right one the first time.
    2006 Triton SP-185, 2006 Evinrude Etec 90, PowerTech NRS3, Garmin Echomap Plus 73CV & 93SV

4. Member
    Thanks for the advice! I’m going to Toledo Bend in a few weeks so I’ll check out Toro Bay