Question Online maps and water levels

Is there any online site besides Navionics to view contour maps on a PC or tablet ?

i hate to shell out another $60 to Navionics, when they are cumbersome to use on a pic, then you have to go sit
    in front of your graph and manually transfer all your markers.

Second question: we are have a mild drought down here in Texas. So on the 93sv and 93sv plus how do I adjust them for the drops in water levels ???
    We have some of our lakes with 5-7 foot drops in level.

Thanks y'all.
    And so glad I switched to Garmin.

2. Member
    Navionics is pretty much the standard when it comes to mapping apps. On the PC, you dont need to shell anything out since their WebApp is free on their website. On a tablet, the mobile app is around that price, but for what you get it's pretty impressive.

3. Member
    To adjust lake levels you must have LakeVu HD Ultra maps.
    2018 Ranger RT178
    Yamaha 75hp
    Atlas Micro Jacker
    80lb Minn Kota Ultrex

4. BBC SPONSOR
    The LakeVu HD Ultra card is what you will need. But the main topic on on viewing and transferring waypoints from a tablet is easy with the ActiveCaptain app from Garmin. You can register your products including the LakeVu HD ultra card and can download up to 3 copies for your registered products. Try the ActiveCaptain App and I think you will be impressed. Let me know if I can help in anyway.

Jason Cassell
    Chad Phillips
    BassBoatElectronics.com
    Ultra Marine Service - Mercury Outboard sales and service
    1-800-931-9926
    1230 Topside Rd. Louisville, TN 37777
    Showroom & Office Hours M-F 8a-5p

5. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by BassBoatElectronics.com View Post
    The LakeVu HD Ultra card is what you will need. But the main topic on on viewing and transferring waypoints from a tablet is easy with the ActiveCaptain app from Garmin. You can register your products including the LakeVu HD ultra card and can download up to 3 copies for your registered products. Try the ActiveCaptain App and I think you will be impressed. Let me know if I can help in anyway.

Jason Cassell

i tried downloading active captain on my two iPads, but it says that it's not compatible with this device.
    My IPads are WiFi versions. Is that the reason ??

And I thought my Garmin 93sv plus came with the LaveVu HD maps ??????????

I know I have ActiveCaptain on the graph.

6. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by bigkahunaranch View Post

And I thought my Garmin 93sv plus came with the LaveVu HD maps ??????????

I know I have ActiveCaptain on the graph.
    Where did you buy your unit? Most are sold bundled with the LakeVu maps and the correct transducer, but you can get a bare bones version from some retailers.

Tom

7. Member
    If you got the standard freshwater unit then you probably did get LakeVu HD maps but that is the basic freshwater map set. What has been referred to previously by others that you need is LakeVu HD Ultra, which is the premium freshwater map set.

8. BBC SPONSOR
    Your IPads may not be supported with the ActiveCaptain app. How old are the IPads?

Regardless the numbers of the units dictate what mapping that is loaded in the units. In example 92SV would be base mapping, 93SV is LakeVu HD, 94SV is BlueChart G2 (coastal) and 95SV is Canada lakeVu.

You need the LakeVu HD Ultra card for lake level offset feature and expanded lake list and detail. The LakeVu HD built in mapping is the best mapping built in units on most lakes. When you buy the card you get one free update within a year of purchase.

On the back of the IPad there is a serial number. Do a Google search with it and see what model it is. Let me know and I will make sure that it does not support ActiveCaptain. Hopefully it does. Just because it is a WIFI only model should not matter. Obviously you will need to be connected to WiFi to download the app but then you will use the same method to connect to the unit to sync up waypoints.

Jason Cassell
    Chad Phillips
    BassBoatElectronics.com
    1-800-931-9926

9. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by BassBoatElectronics.com View Post
    Your IPads may not be supported with the ActiveCaptain app. How old are the IPads?

Regardless the numbers of the units dictate what mapping that is loaded in the units. In example 92SV would be base mapping, 93SV is LakeVu HD, 94SV is BlueChart G2 (coastal) and 95SV is Canada lakeVu.

You need the LakeVu HD Ultra card for lake level offset feature and expanded lake list and detail. The LakeVu HD built in mapping is the best mapping built in units on most lakes. When you buy the card you get one free update within a year of purchase.

On the back of the IPad there is a serial number. Do a Google search with it and see what model it is. Let me know and I will make sure that it does not support ActiveCaptain. Hopefully it does. Just because it is a WIFI only model should not matter. Obviously you will need to be connected to WiFi to download the app but then you will use the same method to connect to the unit to sync up waypoints.

Jason Cassell
    One ipad is MD511ll/a 4th generation with retina display
    the other is MD513LL/a ( this is the one I have Navionics, Google Earth, Google Maps, Fishbrain etc) Its the one I carry on the boat.

Now I do have an Iphone and was able to download ActiveCaptain to it/

And I am guessing that Active Captain will not work with a regular PC

10. Lowrance/Garmin/GPS Moderator fishin couillon's Avatar
    This is from the Apple AC app:

Compatibility Requires iOS 10.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone 5s, iPhone 6, iPhone 6 Plus, iPhone 6s, iPhone 6s Plus, iPhone SE, iPhone 7, iPhone 7 Plus, iPhone 8, iPhone 8 Plus, iPhone X, iPad Air, iPad Air Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad mini 2, iPad mini 2 Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad Air 2, iPad Air 2 Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad mini 3, iPad mini 3 Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad mini 4, iPad mini 4 Wi-Fi + Cellular, 12.9-inch iPad Pro, 12.9-inch iPad Pro Wi-Fi + Cellular, 9.7-inch iPad Pro, 9.7-inch iPad Pro Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad (5th generation), iPad Wi-Fi + Cellular (5th generation), 12.9-inch iPad Pro (2nd generation), 12.9-inch iPad Pro Wi‑Fi + Cellular (2nd generation), 10.5-inch iPad Pro, 10.5-inch iPad Pro Wi‑Fi + Cellular, iPad (6th generation), iPad Wi-Fi + Cellular (6th generation), and iPod touch.
    YOU are not entitled to what I have earned!!!!!

2014 Phoenix 619 Pro / 2014 Mercury 200 Pro XS

11. Member
    Would adjusting "keep offset" be a workaround to adjust lake level? Instead of buying the ultra card?

12. BBC SPONSOR
    I think you mean "keel Offset" This will adjust your depth reading and not the mapping contours. So it you are in 10 feet of water and you put a -2 in the offset you will read 8 feet!
    Chad Phillips
    BassBoatElectronics.com
    1-800-931-9926

13. Member
    Sorry, didn't proof read it, yes " keel". So that wouldn't accomplish the same thing?

14. Member
    No. The keel offset is to correct the depth display. Say your transducer is 2 ft under the surface. You might want to correct for that. My lake fluctuates at much as 60 ft or more. It would be tough to have that kind of keel offset. To manually correct for fluctuating water levels I use "Display Offset" in the Quickdraw menu. If you are going to make maps with Quickdraw you also have to deal with Recording Offset. Map depths are set at full pool.
    My wife asks if I'm going to fish every day. I can't fish every day. Some days I might be sick.

15. Member
    A little sidetrack here, but my 93sv no longer recognizes my ultra HD card. Is there a way to reset it?
    2008 Z520 250 proxs 1B547930

16. Member
    Try - button and power button down at same time reset every 3 months from THT.