Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Shoot that is some sweet work 86!

I'm gonna need bigger labels though.

Quote Originally Posted by BigMouth View Post
    I'm gonna need bigger labels though.
    Or, if you’re like me, stronger readers!
    1994 201 Champ re-powered with a 250 HO G2 E250LHAFA 05438419

3. SC Club Moderator ChampioNman's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by 86 inches View Post
    I’m addicted to these...
    OMC started using those in their wiring harnesses in 1996. That is the same configuration for the diag port on the DFI and G1 Etecs. They are crimp style. Nice work.

Couple questions I can’t seem to find an answer that satisfies me.

First can you crimp 14 AWG wire to 16 AWG wire?

Second are these good connectors? Can’t find the Deutsch connector kits in 14-16 AWG sizes, except for singles and then they are quite expensive.

https://www.amazon.com/MUYI-Waterpro...BNKFFXC0K4HY4N

These are ready made connectors with a 16 AWG pigtail most of my wire is 14 AWG.

Quote Originally Posted by ChampioNman View Post
    OMC started using those in their wiring harnesses in 1996. That is the same configuration for the diag port on the DFI and G1 Etecs. They are crimp style. Nice work.
    Yeah, the G2 harness has them everywhere. That’s how I got started with them. I think they’re great. The crimper doesn’t cost much and they are super easy to assemble... really hard to mess up. A little dab of dielectric grease makes it even easier. They come in various configurations from 1 up to 24 wires and are easy to find . Not cheap but worth the price, I think. I only use them where I might need to disconnect and reconnect.

For anyone that is looking, you can find the crimpers on Amazon. They’re the ones at the top here...

Quote Originally Posted by BigMouth View Post
    Couple questions I can’t seem to find an answer that satisfies me.

First can you crimp 14 AWG wire to 16 AWG wire?

Second are these good connectors? Can’t find the Deutsch connector kits in 14-16 AWG sizes, except for singles and then they are quite expensive.

https://www.amazon.com/MUYI-Waterpro...BNKFFXC0K4HY4N

These are ready made connectors with a 16 AWG pigtail most of my wire is 14 AWG.
    To splice a single 14 to a single 16, I use Ancor ‘s 14-16 crimp heat shrink covered bullet connectors.

Those connectors in your link look just like Amp superseals 1.5 series. I use them, too. To assemble them from scratch you need a special crimper.

You can find the Deutch on Amazon and eBay. I get mine from a supplier that’s great but I will have to look to find their url. I don’t recall at the moment

Check out prowireusa for Deutch connectors and cycleterminal for all kinds of connectors including the AMP SS

And I think those crimpers that Reggie linked above should work for the superseals. They’re not the ones that I use but I had to wait for mine to come from somewhere in England. I couldn’t find them here.

I wouldn’t use the pre-assembled ones. Kinda defeats the purpose.

8. Member
    The correct tools and procedures are my issue, I have all I need in that regard, I just intend on rewiring the complete boat and remove the previous repairs, I will also be adding a few bells and whistles so I will need the diagram to figure out the load carrying capacity of individual circuits.

9. SC Club Moderator ChampioNman's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Bassinupnorth View Post
    The correct tools and procedures are my issue, I have all I need in that regard, I just intend on rewiring the complete boat and remove the previous repairs, I will also be adding a few bells and whistles so I will need the diagram to figure out the load carrying capacity of individual circuits.
    So did TXChamp send you an owners manual? If not shoot me a PM with your email addy and I'll send you one.

10. Member
    The Deutsche connectors are glorious for the right environment, that being I have replaced a pile of them when used for wheel speed sensors on heavy trucks, only thing that lasts in that environment is solder and shrink tube.

11. Born on th Llano Estacado Tx Champ's Avatar
    Sent him an e-mail through BBC, never got a response.

12. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Tx Champ View Post
    Sent him an e-mail through BBC, never got a response.
    I was never able to find it, may have to through my email folders then and change some settings.

13. Born on th Llano Estacado Tx Champ's Avatar
    Get ChampioNman or myself a PM with your email and we'll get you what we have. Might check your BBC profile and make sure your email is correct.

14. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Tx Champ View Post
    Get ChampioNman or myself a PM with your email and we'll get you what we have. Might check your BBC profile and make sure your email is correct.
    Got the one from ChampioNman, now the only thing that remains is determining what exactly my boat is I already know it's a dual console 201 with a raised deck but is it an elite?

15. Member
    My title says Elite. I would think you could run the Hin too?

16. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Sandbilly View Post
    My title says Elite. I would think you could run the Hin too?
    Already ran my hin, all it came up with was a manufacturer and date of production.

17. Champion Boats Moderator Lea's Avatar
    HINs do not give model info.

18. SC Club Moderator ChampioNman's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Bassinupnorth View Post
    Already ran my hin, all it came up with was a manufacturer and date of production.
    You could call Dean's custom canvas and give him your HIN they can give you the build info and verify what you have.

Lea may have the brochures from that year and tell you the differences between them.

19. Champion Boats Moderator Lea's Avatar
    Brochure home, But I am not. I do know the 92 brochure is not very detailed, but after storm gone...remind me and maybe I can get some hint from the old brochures. Differences between Elites and non-elites are mostly add- ons. Like upgrades electronics, livewell pump-out, and the like.

20. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Lea View Post
    Brochure home, But I am not. I do know the 92 brochure is not very detailed, but after storm gone...remind me and maybe I can get some hint from the old brochures. Differences between Elites and non-elites are mostly add- ons. Like upgrades electronics, livewell pump-out, and the like.
    No worries lea, glad to hear that you got out before the storm, stay safe, sending prayers to all of you who affected by this.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast