Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Gar & Mudfish expert! :/ Mickstix's Avatar

If you don't do anything else..

If you don't do anything else today, at least read this article and sign the petition!! It's time we reeled in the FWC!

Stop the poisoning of our lakes and rivers!

2. Member
    On it. Its got to begin somewhere. Thank you

3. Member
    Feds just undid the EPA regulations to keep the air and water clean.
    Please release me,let me go.

4. Member
    Thank you for sharing this, signed moments ago.

5. Member
    They "Feds" undid them not to make air and water dirty, but because the EPA was passing draconian unconstitutional laws while at the same time allowing companies like Monsanto to thrive. Monsanto makes glyphosate and the "Feds" just ruled against them in a landmark case that could help what the OP was talking about. Your statement is one sided and fearmonging.

6. Member
    I'm in there like swimware. Need this to go viral!

7. Banned
    Done!!!

8. Better Lucky Than Good! Casslaw's Avatar
    When I was a kid, 42 now, all I saw on Kissimmee was the barges that manually pulled the hydrilla up. I used to wonder what happened to all the tiny fish and eggs stuck in the grass.

Now I see boats spraying and dead weeds mucking up the bottom and instead of filtering the water they’re leaving behind thick dead muck and lifeless water.

Is this his the best we can do?
    2006 Triton SP-185, 2006 Evinrude Etec 90, PowerTech NRS3, Garmin Echomap Plus 73CV & 93SV

9. 1/2 of ' team catfish ' ol man river's Avatar
    according to the FWC, aquatic herbicides are much more cost effective than mechanical harvesting. something tells me that doesn't take into account the damage being done long term to our waterways. what the FWC has been doing for the past few years is nothing short of criminal imo. FL statute 369.2 doesnt even require the FWC to tell the DEP when or how much they are spraying. it just states that the fwc 'may' inform DEP. that statute also allows donations to the fwc for herbicide treatments, which sounds ripe for 'payola' imo. the FWC is dirty, there needs to be a rat killin….aka drain the swamp

the FWC has no accountability…..except US. get involved …..become a 'squeaky wheel'

the link that Mickstix posted is a step in the right direction. theres a news organization involved. with enough exposure, it could go viral and get picked up all over the state. news media loves ' blood in the water' when it comes to government screwups.
    Last edited by ol man river; 08-24-2018 at 07:39 PM.

Signed and shared on my Facebook,

2019 RANGER Z518 - Mercury ProXS 150 4 Stroke

·...¸><((((º>
    .··´¯`·.¸.·><((((º>
    ·.¸.·´¯`·...¸.·><((((º>

11. Member
    FWC commissioners are not appointed for their knowledge of the environment or wildlife. They are appointed because of their monetary friendship (to state government) and they are influenced by other friendship (special interest with money) that offers special perks to contractors. The lower supervisors and field personnel are some great people, it is the head of the organization that is influenced by special interest funding and deviates from the best interest of wildlife and environment.

I can still remember back to the late 1960's and early 70's when Charley Harris (Outdoor writer) wrote negative articles about the FWC management and commissioners. The group he was writing about tried to get him fired. His information was very correct about their back door dealings with special interest.

12. Member
    Signed and shared. Might not do much, but it can't hurt.

13. Member
    Signed
    Brad Krone

14. Better Lucky Than Good! Casslaw's Avatar
    I would agree it’s more cost effective, in the short run, but with mechanical harvesting you don’t have to artificially drain the lake and scrape millions of pounds of crap up to create bass and other bedding areas.

Granted much I’ve witnessed first hand has been on the Kissimmee chain....from Toho to a few miles south of lake Kissimmee, but I remember it from when I was 10-11 and it’s still happening today.

Golf courses put plecostomus is all their lakes and carp...no weeds. FWC has put peacock bass in the ‘glades yet they hate non native species. Where’s the consistency?

I’d love to go to work for an agency that could do some good and push for change. It’s either that or go back to being a lawyer but I’ve looked and don’t see anywhere I could possibly go work for positive change in our state.
    2006 Triton SP-185, 2006 Evinrude Etec 90, PowerTech NRS3, Garmin Echomap Plus 73CV & 93SV

Signed...lake Okeechobee is sick, the gulf is sick, the indian river is sick and nothing is being done about it! Poor management is to blame!
    2008 Ranger 178VX
    150 Yamaha V-max

GO Fins!!!

16. Member
    Done..

17. Member
    Done

18. Gar & Mudfish expert! :/ Mickstix's Avatar
    Thanks for checking out the article and signing the petition fellas!! I'm sure you know this is not my doing, just a link that showed up on my facebook and I did the same thing you guys are doing.. Just passed it along.. Hopefully it'll gain a little traction! As Sam said, there is a news station involved, so maybe with a little effort they'll be able to get the ball rolling on exposing the FWC..

19. Member
    Signed !!!

Done

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast