Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Done!!!!

Spanky

2. Member
    I signed and Shared on FB.

I also plan to post it on other Florida Boards.

This Must Stop.

3. Member
    Done.

4. Member
    Done!

5. Member
    Done
    2002 RANGER 520VX
    2006 Mercury PROXS 225

6. Member
    done!
    I don't always post or reply but when I do, I...?

7. Member
    Signed and shared on facebook. I saw 2 aa airboats at south port today
    1998 Triton Tr-19 2010 Mercury OptiMax 175

I thought about posting a link in the lounge to get some more signatures. Is it for floridians only?
    2008 Ranger 178VX
    150 Yamaha V-max

GO Fins!!!

9. Gar & Mudfish expert! :/ Mickstix's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by cwilt View Post
    I thought about posting a link in the lounge to get some more signatures. Is it for floridians only?
    Please do! IMO, it's approaching a "national" disaster (and it'll only get worse) It needs all the attention it can get!!

10. Member
    Done
    Stroker / 250xs
    Triton 180 / 175 pro xs

11. Member
    Signed and shared!!

12. Member
    The link posted is actually not very accurate. Glyphosate is not used for hydrilla control and never has been, actually it doesn't even work applied subsurface below the water because it is quickly deactivated, binds to sediments, and broken down by microbes in the water. It has to be applied to the foliage of plants to actually work. The article also states it is a "known carcinogen"... this is also false, there is no peer reviewed data/information that points to glyphosate as being a carcinogen, it is actually listed as a "probable carcinogen" along with a number of other chemicals people are exposed to nearly every day. The person that started the petition also doesn't provide any evidence/data that links glyphosate to be the actual culprit responsible for the algal blooms mostly just speculation, and they are essentially focusing only on aquatic applications, but what about all the glyphosate that is applied on agriculture, residential and commercial properties. Not siding with anyone on this but these claims seem to be somewhat vague with limited data to support them.

13. Member
    Signed! Wish there was more we could do.
    Troll lightly and carry a big flippin stick!!!

14. Gar & Mudfish expert! :/ Mickstix's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by bass_prodigy75 View Post
    The link posted is actually not very accurate. Glyphosate is not used for hydrilla control and never has been
    So he said hydrilla and meant hyacinth.. Potato/Tomato I could care less what actual chemical it is, it's herbicide on a massive scale and it (if not solely, then partially) helps turn our lakes and rivers into mud holes.. To tell you the truth, when I saw you had posted in this thread, I was just glad you didn't try and tell us the poison spraying would actually help the growth of vegetation and clean the water..

15. Member
    Haha. Well as a matter of fact managing dense patches of water hyacinth with herbicides could actually lead to increased sunlight penetration below the water surface and increase submerged aquatic vegetation that would otherwise be shaded out which would lead to more sediment stabilization and clear up the water. So actually someone could say "the poison spraying is actually helping the growth of vegetation and cleaning the water" with out it being #fakenews.

16. Member
    But IMO, if you are going to start a petition and send it to state congressmen etc. with 150,000 signatures it would help to have the facts straight on what plant species and or chemical is even being used. In my opinion if someone came to me so concerned about an issue and started a whole web page petition etc. but didn't even know what plant was being targeted and had pictures of hyacinth labeled as hydrilla and made claims that a plant is being treated with a chemical its not even labeled for I probably tell em they need to get things Right before they get Left.

17. Member
    And if you were here and could see how screwed up( yea, I just bit my tongue) the fishing has gotten with all this unneeded and unwanted spraying you'd sign the petition if it said the sky was pink to get the spraying under control!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Stroker / 250xs
    Triton 180 / 175 pro xs

18. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by MARK R View Post
    And if you were here and could see how screwed up( yea, I just bit my tongue) the fishing has gotten with all this unneeded and unwanted spraying you'd sign the petition if it said the sky was pink to get the spraying under control!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    THIS^^^^ Agree with how bad the FWC is screwing up all the lakes with this mission of killing anything green

19. Member
    Update on this Petition:

It now has over 100,000 signatures.

TV News has now picked up on the story as well and are questioning the FWC:

https://www.wpbf.com/article/impact-...algae/22816479

20. Gar & Mudfish expert! :/ Mickstix's Avatar
    That's awesome!! Unfortunately, looking at her "twitter".. She has 4K followers and her tweet about the story has 3 (three) "likes".. People either don't give a crap or they have their head in the sand..

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast