Thread: 2018 F205 wow

2018 F205 wow

Fuelleak’s review below is spot on.

Join DateApr 2013LocationSouth Londonderry, VermontPosts1,563

205 is a home run so far.

Been out on a 10 long mile lake breaking it in. No big waves yet but plenty of wake boats. The combo of boat and the new 250 Pro XS 4 stroke is pretty impressive. Awesome torque from idle to 5800 rpm. Only brought it up that high twice for a short period. Motor has 3 hrs on it. I definitely had more but still trying to understand its handling, trim needs, etc. plus dont want to hurt that motor. Sooo different than my Cougar, responds differently in every way. Holeshot is impressive yet odd, starts of like the nose is going to really climb but before you know it the boat quickly breaks over and accelerates. Could be that Im running a 24 4 blade Fury wide open holes. Plan on solid plugs in least half of them. Next thing you know your at 65 but you feel like your driving a car at 65 it is that comfortable and easy. Im sure low to mid 70s will be very easy to get. Responds great to trim. Feels softer than my Cougar as I hit some pretty big boat wakes and it has a nice damp feeling to it. Overall, Im very happy I made this move. Long Champlain runs are in its future this weekend. We will see if it comes back from that in one piece, if its rough and it comes back crack free, Falcon could be a boat for life. Love the rod and battery hatches !! Simple/Sturdy boat that has everything you need.

I have the same boat, with the 250 XS 2 stroke and I’m running the same prop with no plugs in. A few weeks ago I hit 74 and still had a little left in her, but not much. It’s an amazing boat. Like he said above the hull shot is like one I’ve never experienced. It acts like the bow is gonna slowly climb to a vertical when boom, the a** hops and the bow drops then your off to the races. Acts like it has trim tabs but feels way different. I owned a basscat P2 prior to this and the falcons high/low speed turns blows the cat out of the water, handles amazing. Fishability is amazing, not to mention you have an enormous deck to walk around on. Only thing I wish it had was an ultrex and talons, but I do have the ultrex ordered and waiting on a good deal for talons or poles to pop up.

2. Member
    You will get used to the bow up, slight wiggle/shimmy, then pop right over hole shot. My G2 is about 3-4 second hole shot loaded. I’m on my 2nd 205 and it’s an awesome all around boat! Post some pics of yours when you get time!

3. Member

I have the Matching blue cowling decals and will have Black or Blue talons or poles here soon.

4. Member
    Yeah, you’ll have to use tinypic or Shutterfly for those to show up.

5. Member
    Hey Grantb1119, just made a interesting change to the 205. Installed 3 Battle Born Lithiums taking out almost 150lbs out of the back of the boat and wow. Even with a load, 2 people and 3/4 tank of gas for the first time out, the holeshot and just the feel of the boat changed for the better. Just saying!!

6. Member
    Well crap, sounds like imma have to get me some now.