River Rocket and Allison family! Top End Speed?

Just wanted to thank River Rocket Geoff for taking the time while he was in Dallas Texas to take a look at boat I’m trying to buy. Thank you For your time Sir!

Also Key At Fishing World Performance Boats has been great to work with so far, he is making it happen for me. We are not there yet but very close.

When you buy an Allison you don’t just get a boat , you become part of the Allison Family!

I just wanted to thank everyone who has helped me with this purchase and to all the people who have reached out to me. I wasn’t expecting that . Thank you

The boat is a 2017 XB-21 Bassport Pro with a 225 Yamaha SHO ,white with black stripe

im not sure if it’s an Elite or not , but it seems to have everything but the trailor pole and steps. I’m still trying to figure out what’s what. I know you have the Bassport Pro, xst and elite.

What king of topend speed am i am I looking at with 225 SHO?

thank you
    Bradley

2. Member
    Flash the ecu for over 300hp.

Going to leave the lower unit stock with a mid 80’s limit or mod it so the motor can go higher? Actually, with the 225 you will probably be low 80’s ready to fish without power poles is my guess.
    John Wolff
    2003 Allison XB21 2+2
    2003 Mercury 250xs

3. Member
    HydroTec sells a low water pick up for the stock gear case but as far as I know, no one has tested that configuration on an Allison.
    With the stock 225, a mid 80’s boat safely.

Is this the boat that was used for magazine testing?

Seems like Grant Goldbeck ran one a couple years ago in the BASS. Can't remember topend and not sure if he had poles but seems like he ran 84-85 heavy loaded with stock 225SHO
    Jay McDaniel
    2003 Allison XB21 BasSport Elite 2+2
    2019 Mercury Racing 300R

5. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by scj View Post
    HydroTec sells a low water pick up for the stock gear case but as far as I know, no one has tested that configuration on an Allison.
    With the stock 225, a mid 80’s boat safely.

Is this the boat that was used for magazine testing?
    no it’s not , I thought the same thing .

6. Member
    Thanks ! So I need to get that lower modded and see how it does. I will probably flash it. . I know Hooken had one at onetime. But I think his was a 250.

7. Member
    Alternate option is to bolt up a sportmaster

8. Member
    Low 80's loaded all day long without doing anything. I spoke with Grant many times during his time driving his boat and he had it loaded to the crazy max if I remember right with extra batteries and all. I don't know that I'd go through the trouble of flashing and changing lowers on a boat I paid a good deal for. I'd be more inclined to do some front end trading and swapping to go ahead and get a motor that got me where I wanted to be to start with. Brad this isn't saying you wouldn't be perfectly happy with the 225 on the boat. It will be faster than 90% of the boats on the water just like it is and will handle better than 100% as long as you aren't competing with another Allison. LOL

Seems like a lot of the guys around here are buying an extra PCU to flash and keeping the stock one for any kind of warranty work. Being able to flash a SHO to 340 HP is very appealing. That's a lot of cheap H.P.! There a lot of people saying they hope the same will be true for the new Merc V-8.

If I had to do all that crap to make it run with a Merc .. I would just put a Merc on it . I had one of the Hydro Tech beast and they are bad to the bone .