Thread: throwing blades

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

throwing blades

I've thrown blades on 2 bravo xs's and now one on a fury 4.running at 3" below pad.running on a tr21x 05 w/pro verado 250.turning 6450 wot.Any ideas???????

2. Hagen
    How often are you checking your props for small nicks?
    Want to buy old river2sea bully wa frogs.

3. Member
    Not sure on the Bravo’s but I was told by a very reputable prop guy that the fury 4’s sling blades actually his words were it would be a door stop in less than a year.
    2017 Skeeter ZX225
    12” Bobs Action Jack
    Dual Powers Poles

4. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Bigcountry35 View Post
    Not sure on the Bravo’s but I was told by a very reputable prop guy that the fury 4’s sling blades actually his words were it would be a door stop in less than a year.
    I was told the exact same thing about both BRAVO and Fury 4. It's not you it's the props.

5. Member
    I'm not saying it's the same but close if you buy a Tempest plus and hire a prop guy to add cup your lift will be close to a 4 blade. Also your top end speed should go up in most cases with the 3 blade.

6. Member
    I broken 2 bravos myself. My old ones never broke. I'm guessing it's the cheap chinese steel. Chinese steel is lower quality and has many more inclusions in it. (I have to work with their crap daily)

7. Member
    A Trophy will sling a blade especially if you run it high

8. Member
    yup this is all sooooo true. I never had a 3 blade of any kind throw a blade but I have with 4 blades.

9. Member
    I just got a new signature SL4 26 I ordered from Hill Marine in California the prop will be tested soon and I’ll let you know how it performs. Talked to 2 prop guys and was told to order straight from Hill Marine not to buy off of eBay, they are designed to run high and perform well on Bullet’s and several other boats and can be surfaced one of the prop guys said he’s only known one to throw a blade but the boat runs in the high 90’s so I’m not concerned my skeeter won’t come close to that only bad thing is they come in even pitch only so I will have to have some knocked out of it most likely but won’t do that till the cooler weather moves in and I get some good test numbers.,
    2017 Skeeter ZX225
    12” Bobs Action Jack
    Dual Powers Poles

10. Member
    I have a SL4 28p, and several Signature props, they make good wheels

11. Member
    They will all throw blades no matter if they are 3 blade or 4 blade it's all in how you use them or abuse them.

12. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Bullet 250 View Post
    I have a SL4 28p, and several Signature props, they make good wheels
    They don't throw blades if running high?

13. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by GEEBASS2000 View Post
    They don't throw blades if running high?
    Not saying they don’t this is is my first experience with them but with that being said they are designed to be surfaced and have been ran on high performance boats for a good while only one shop knowing of one throwing a blade at over 90 mph tells me it is not a common occurrence all props can throw a blade especially when surfaced as it puts a ton of pressure on them some props are more prone to this happening and any prop that has had the blades thinned or hit something and had repairs done to it are probably more likely to have a failure with that said you may run one for years that has been worked on or stock and never have a problem or you may throw one right out of the box but since this prop is designed to run high I wouldn’t think it would throw on as easy but I could be completely wrong but I know a lot of bullet boats run them with great success
    2017 Skeeter ZX225
    12” Bobs Action Jack
    Dual Powers Poles

14. Member
    One has to think is there something else here at play causing a water turbulence In the prop area . Like a nick or gouge in the hall a gouged up lower unit in front of the prop . I have heard of guys mounting locator transducers directly in front of the lower units on the stepped hall causing issues. . After the 2 nd prop I would be taking a closer look in these areas .

Quote Originally Posted by basshound250 View Post
    I've thrown blades on 2 bravo xs's and now one on a fury 4.running at 3" below pad.running on a tr21x 05 w/pro verado 250.turning 6450 wot.Any ideas???????
    Ive never thrown a blade on a Bravo. Ran about 10 of them. I feel they are the best prop out there.

What size are you running to turn to 6450? Is that stock or flashed ECU? I run a 921 and typically run a 27 around 6200.

16. ZO6
    I still run one of the first Bravo1 XS's that came out. Got 2 other original Bravo1's Mark Croxton modified and run a lot and no failure. I have bent the blades on 1 but no slung blades. I have been anal about cleaning up edges and send them to Mark Croxton if they get a nick. Maybe I've been lucky. No complaints. Most of the run time on mine has been on a Lake and Bay Bocagrande with 2005 Mercury 250 XS. Hydraulic jack plate. Now SHO. I think they're great props.

17. Member
    I'm running a 25p on a 21 triton.no flash.

I'm running a 25p on a 21 triton.no flash.
    Whats you WOT loaded?

19. Member
    Just threw my first blade ever - 21 ft ranger at 3.5 below pad. 24 Fury 4. I had heard about this issue, but really thought it would be an issue for the go fast rigs running much closer to surface. Waiting for Merc's response for warranty.

20. Member
    I just threw my 3rd blade on a prop. 2 bravos and now a fur 4! I never let it come out of the water at high speed always keep the plate down in rough water. Getting sick of spending 500 dollars!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast