Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Savage View Post
    Why are your RPM'S so low? They should be alot higher with the proper set-up.
    Not sure just yet? Ill be on it the next three days in a row so Ill be able to gauge the set up some more. Alot of guys up here in MI with the new motor are all turning 23 Fury's on their Triton and Nitros. We have had some outrageous humidity lately as well. Thats a RPM killer. Never had a Triton yet that I didnt have dialed in, Ill get this one, just takes some tweaking....

Quote Originally Posted by Shiner View Post
    First off this is the first time i have had the boat on the water. 25 pitch fury is what came with the boat. This is about as fast as I would ever want to run so I do not care about pitching down. Also when it cools down I will gain another couple hundred rpms.

Thanks for your input though......
    Yeah, 75 seems good to me too. ;) But, would you be concerned about bogging it down a bit. My understanding, which could be wrong, is that not propping outboards so they can reach peak RPM is not in their best interest. If bringing up the RPMs means more top speed you can always back it down a bit and save a little gas.

Any chance you'll be at Harris this weekend? Would love to take a look and maybe catch a ride if it would not be an inconvenience. This combo might be my next boat.
    Bruce
    2019 20 TRX Patriot
    Mercury 250 ProXS Fourstroke
    HDS 12 Live - Console
    HDS 9 Live - Bow

3. Member
    First off this is the first time i have had the boat on the water. 25 pitch fury is what came with the boat. This is about as fast as I would ever want to run so I do not care about pitching down. Also when it cools down I will gain another couple hundred rpms.

Thanks for your input though......
    You need to be over 6000 LOADED RPM'S and your not going to get there with cooler temperatures.....Your lugging a brand new motor, which is something you should care about.

Quote Originally Posted by berudd View Post
    Yeah, 75 seems good to me too. ;) But, would you be concerned about bogging it down a bit. My understanding, which could be wrong, is that not propping outboards so they can reach peak RPM is not in their best interest. If bringing up the RPMs means more top speed you can always back it down a bit and save a little gas.

Any chance you'll be at Harris this weekend? Would love to take a look and maybe catch a ride if it would not be an inconvenience. This combo might be my next boat.
    No dont think I will make it, but I will let you know if I do. Went yesterday and caught 25+ fish in a few hours.

No dont think I will make it, but I will let you know if I do. Went yesterday and caught 25+ fish in a few hours.
    Cool. I almost went out Wednesday but I gotta clean the garage so I can get the boat out first. LOL

Feel free to PM me any secrets you want to share. ;)
    Bruce
    2019 20 TRX Patriot
    Mercury 250 ProXS Fourstroke
    HDS 12 Live - Console
    HDS 9 Live - Bow

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12