2005 285 Pro XL Owners

What is the best upgrade that you have done to your boat? Looking for ideas from tackle storage to pump out live wells and anything in between.

2. Member
    2004 model for me, boat was set up with Larry Nixon Magnum extras such as blinker trim, 6” jackplate, hydraulic steering and hotfoot. Since purchased have added rod box lid lift cylinders, rod box and livewell lighting, recessed trolling motor pedal tray, 9” Helix units bow and console, 5” Lowrance DI in console hole, auto bilge switch, and the kicker.....2018 e-Tec G2 150 HO.

3. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Buccaneer View Post
    2004 model for me, boat was set up with Larry Nixon Magnum extras such as blinker trim, 6” jackplate, hydraulic steering and hotfoot. Since purchased have added rod box lid lift cylinders, rod box and livewell lighting, recessed trolling motor pedal tray, 9” Helix units bow and console, 5” Lowrance DI in console hole, auto bilge switch, and the kicker.....2018 e-Tec G2 150 HO.

Very nice! Which rod locker cylinders did you go with? I am putting some on mine after breaking a rod when the door slammed.

4. Member
    I think I used Attwood brand but the key detail is the correct length. Check these out, great price - https://www.amazon.com/Suspa-C16-068.../dp/B007MUY5PM

Make sure you install the cylinders with the female shock side up and the male rod down. They will still open and close if mounted cylinder down and rod up but the piston will not be properly lubricated. The first time I heard this I thought it was BS but after some research I found there is actually a recommended way to mount them.

Best changes so far - 175 Optimax, recessed trolling motor tray, new carpet and seats, extra cup holder next to drivers seat and another next to trolling motor tray(you can never have enough to put lures, pliers etc in), lowrance sonic hub(tunes are awesome when fishing)
    Joe Allan
    Nitro Z7 Mercury Optimax 150hp Lowrance Ghost Simrad NSS Evo 3s
    Proudly Supported by: Gamakatsu/Majorcraft/Fuji/Kershaw/Samurai/Atomic

Boat buckle tie downs, Talons

8. Member
    Tie downs , Power Pole, GPS, and trim on wheel. Cub48