Thread: Calories burned

Calories burned

Guys, I've been wearing my Fitbit for over a year now and the calories it shows I burn during the day are showing pretty high and I'm still having a hard time losing any weight. How many calories in a day should I try to burn?

2. Electrical/Wiring/Trolling Motors Moderator CatFan's Avatar
    Unless you are running 6 or 8 miles a day or equivalent exercise, you aren't going to lose weight by burning calories. It takes an enormous amount of exercise to increase your calorie use well above normal.
    If you have integrity, nothing else matters. If you don't have integrity,
    nothing else matters.​

3. Member
    Well it’s really starting to wear on me that I mainly only eat two meals a day. Small portion at lunch and one or maybe two helpings at dinner. I might have a snack once or twice a week but I only eat when I am actually hungry and not because I’m bored. I’m sick of being in the gym for over an hour every day and nothing changing

4. Electrical/Wiring/Trolling Motors Moderator CatFan's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by slaunch View Post
    Well it’s really starting to wear on me that I mainly only eat two meals a day. Small portion at lunch and one or maybe two helpings at dinner. I might have a snack once or twice a week but I only eat when I am actually hungry and not because I’m bored. I’m sick of being in the gym for over an hour every day and nothing changing

Skip the second helpings and eat something for breakfast. Just don’t over do it. Yogurt, whole grain cereal, unsweetened oatmeal or similar. Skipping breakfast can cause reduced metabolism and hunger.

I’d recommend you become obsessed with fiber and swear off anything with ADDED sugar. Forget the diet foods, just eat sensible portions of normal foods. You need 38g of fiber a day. Fruits, veggies, whole grains. Fiber keeps you full and may reduce the calories your body absorbs from what you eat. The health benefits extend far beyond that. Getting that much fiber will be a challenge, but if you can get close, your diet will have to trend toward a weight reducing diet.
    nothing else matters.​

5. Member
    I don't eat carbs for the most part. I'm diabetic so I have to control my blood sugar with how i eat.

6. Electrical/Wiring/Trolling Motors Moderator CatFan's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by slaunch View Post
    I don't eat carbs for the most part. I'm diabetic so I have to control my blood sugar with how i eat.
    Fiber can be very good for stabilizing blood sugar levels, and its effect on sugar absorption can be very helpful to diabetics in particular. Obviously you have restrictions that may preclude some foods, but losing weight is even more important to you.
    nothing else matters.​