Scraps

Wiring BEP 701 Cutout Switch Wrong

IMG_1782.jpg

Wired this for two poles onto the cranking battery. When it's OFF I get the green lights on both pumps. Then I switch to ON and blow the fuses. Do I only switch the hot side and leave the ground solid to the battery??? I did this in a rush last night in the dark with kids running around. I just wired it as if it was an inline fuse.
    2017 Phoenix 819
    2016 200ProXS, s/n 2B359849, Mod 1200P73BD

2. Member
    Looks more like a relay to me, but any time there is a red wire on one side and directly across (looks like the switched wiring) a switch or relay of a different color, trouble is there.

3. Member
    Yes. Leave the ground direct to battery. The switch goes ONLY to the positive wire. One side of the switch should say "battery" and the other will say "common" or "aux" something like that. Hook the positive from the battery to the "battery" side and the power pole wires to the other side and hook those grounds back to the battery and you will be good

4. Scraps
    Quote Originally Posted by kry29 View Post
    Yes. Leave the ground direct to battery. The switch goes ONLY to the positive wire. One side of the switch should say "battery" and the other will say "common" or "aux" something like that. Hook the positive from the battery to the "battery" side and the power pole wires to the other side and hook those grounds back to the battery and you will be good
    This is one of the cheaper switches and it has a diagram of a battery on top which is wrong.
    2017 Phoenix 819

5. Member
    That's ok. Just hook the positive from the battery to one side and the power poles to the other and it will work

6. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by kry29 View Post
    That's ok. Just hook the positive from the battery to one side and the power poles to the other and it will work
    When he says "Sides" he means the bigger terminals.

7. Scraps
    Quote Originally Posted by billnorman1 View Post
    When he says "Sides" he means the bigger terminals.
    No worries. Even I can't eff this up.........now.
    2017 Phoenix 819

8. BBC SPONSOR/ Shallow Water Anchors Moderator
    Negatives go direct to negative on your battery, that will resolve your issue.