guntersville question

I am looking to come down to Guntersville the first week in March for a fishing vacation, how is the fishing that time of year and how is the weather?
    Rob Rosencrans
    Denali Rods Pro Staff
    Cabin Creek Baits Pro Staff
    Gitzit Po Staff
    Mega Strike Pro Staff

2. Dogfish_Jones
    It will be great fishing time there. The weather in March here is hit and miss. You may come down and it is 75 degrees or it may be 40 degrees. March is a very unpredictable month, snow can fall or you can get a sunburn.

3. Member
    Be sure to bring warm clothes, rain gear, sunscreen and lipless crankbaits.

4. Member
    and bring your pistol so you can fend off the other 2500 boats that will be on the water on any given day. Its a blast, getting cut off, boats going between you and the bank, people throwing over your line, and thats if your not catching them, if you catch one, then you are gonna have alot of company. Its awesome come on down and join in the fun.

Quote Originally Posted by bustasack View Post
    and bring your pistol so you can fend off the other 2500 boats that will be on the water on any given day. Its a blast, getting cut off, boats going between you and the bank, people throwing over your line, and thats if your not catching them, if you catch one, then you are gonna have alot of company. Its awesome come on down and join in the fun.
    Oh come on, that is the Alabama version of boating etiquette! Seriosly though, it is not that bad. It is a big lake and has room to get away. It will be a great time to be on the lake.

USN Retired
    2020 Basscat Caracal
    2020 Mercury 225 ProXS 4s

6. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by bustasack View Post
    This only happens on Chickamauga.

7. Member
    Thanks for the help, I will be heading down the middle of March for a full week of fishing.
    Rob Rosencrans
    Denali Rods Pro Staff
    Cabin Creek Baits Pro Staff
    Gitzit Po Staff
    Mega Strike Pro Staff

Middle of March should be good. Prepare for cold and be ready to trap or crankbait/rig/chatterbait.
    Kerry Copeland
    2015 Skeeter ZX250/250 SHO
    Decatur, Alabama

Be ready for any kind of weather...fishing should be fantastic....no matter the weather...but the weather could go from awesome to 2 inches of snow....to a tornado within a week...just don't know ...March is no telling...I think Feb before last it was in the single digits....maybe 3 Feb ago...then 2 Feb ago it was in the 60s...then this Feb it was like rain of biblical proportions...you just never know especially this far out...I know I just gave you weather reports for Feb but I remember Feb better than March cause I start fishing in Feb right after deer season....water was so high and nasty this Feb they had all the gates open the fishing was fantastic on Pickwick...the brown fish bite was as good as it has ever been...
    MattandAmber Lawler on Facebook
    Matt Lawler HF on Facebook
    matt_lawler_hf on Instagram

"There ain't a price on stupid. Stupid comes for free."

Jonathan Hillstrand

Quote Originally Posted by printman71 View Post
    This only happens on Chickamauga.
    Only happens on Chick? That was invented on Guntersville....they became seasoned pros on the big G....then they branched out across the country...
    MattandAmber Lawler on Facebook
    Matt Lawler HF on Facebook
    matt_lawler_hf on Instagram

"There ain't a price on stupid. Stupid comes for free."

Jonathan Hillstrand

11. Banned
    What I never understood about Guntersville is their winter fishing. I would drive through there for work on very cold days. And there would always be trucks and trailers at ramps--icy ramps.