St Clair - Canadian water - Passport?

What is the rule for fishing Canadian water and needing a passport? require? not required?

Thanks

2. Member
    If you launch the boat in US and travel into Canadian waters you do not need a passport. If you get out of the boat onto land you had better have one then.

3. Member
    In the past any time anytime we have fished on the American waters we needed to have a temporary US fishing licence. I'm pretty sure you might need a temporary Canadian fishing licence if you are crossing the imaginary line. May be worth checking into. Good fishing.

4. Member
    You need an Ontario license but not a passport if you don't anchor or touch land....I have an enhanced license but it isn't necessary..Just make sure you have some form of ID...The call in requirement is no longer being used..
    "Historically the most terrible things-war, genocide and slavery-have resulted not from disobedience but from obedience"
    Zinn

5. Member
    As mentioned, the call in requirement is no more so most guys just go over, fish, and come back. I don't believe if you get stopped on the water that they will ask for a passport... that said, I always carry mine because if for whatever reason you breakdown on the Canadian side, you'll be towed into a Canadian port and I'd rather be safe than sorry. If you have one, just throw it in the boat with a water proof case.

Quote Originally Posted by bigmikeMN View Post
    As mentioned, the call in requirement is no more so most guys just go over, fish, and come back. I don't believe if you get stopped on the water that they will ask for a passport... that said, I always carry mine because if for whatever reason you breakdown on the Canadian side, you'll be towed into a Canadian port and I'd rather be safe than sorry. If you have one, just throw it in the boat with a water proof case.
    ^^ This ^^

2019 Basscat Caracal
    225 Evinrude G2
    Solix 12 Mega SI bow and console
    Mega Live
    36V Ultrex