95 CAJUN 1850 FISH AND SKI FUEL TANK LINES

Just joined (thanks for the add) and first time posting a question. I am currently having problems with my Cajun not wanting to start. ya ya I know go the the engine section. But I have done everything on the motor I possibly can. I can only think its the fuel tank lines clogged up. I pulled the back seat up and the amount of lines going to god knows where is crazy. Has anyone seen a schematic for this stuff or can someone tell me any info about it. I was on another forum and I read that the vents are on the back of the boat left of the motor?????? There are two plug looking thing that unscrew but lord if I know what they go to, also it looks as though someone put fuel filters on each side where your speaker wires run. That cant be right!!!!!!!!! and then there is another cut thats just laying there. I am hoping to post some pics to this tonight when I get home. Can anyone give me feedback until then?

2. Member
    Make sure that all of the fuel and vent lines are running up from the tank or tanks. No down loops to puddle fuel. Those plug looking things are you tank vents.

3. Member
    I have a 1995 Rajun Cajun and the engine died all the time. Turns out it was blocked vents on the gas tank. The vent lines on my boat drop a little and fill with fuel and or water from the splash well. When this happens, the fuel being taken by the engine would create a vaccum in the tank to the point the engine would die from starvation. To stop this from happening, I run only a half tank or less of fuel. I have to blow out the lines with air if I fill up the tank for a long weekend.

Rajun Cajun
    Johnson 1995 #J130TLEOP
    S# GO3872031

4. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by scubatelco View Post
    I have a 1995 Rajun Cajun and the engine died all the time. Turns out it was blocked vents on the gas tank. The vent lines on my boat drop a little and fill with fuel and or water from the splash well. When this happens, the fuel being taken by the engine would create a vaccum in the tank to the point the engine would die from starvation. To stop this from happening, I run only a half tank or less of fuel. I have to blow out the lines with air if I fill up the tank for a long weekend.
    I had that same problem and did the same thing as you do. I purchased two vents and moved the vents out of the splash well and took care of the loops. Now I can fill the tank without gas gushing back at me and no problem running a full tank.

Welcome!
    First, try disconnecting the fuel line from the engine at the boat, and connect to a remote gas can, and run it that way. If it starts and runs good, you KNOW it's a fuel starvation issue. If not, may be a clogged filter on the engine, fuel pump, carb, etc. issue.
    Start by replacing all the fuel and vent lines. If they are originals, they could not handle modern ethanol based fuels, and will break down and clog the system. As others mentioned, make sure vent lines run up, with no sags. And clean the vent caps of spider debris. lol
    You may want to pull the pickups out of the tank and inspect and clean them. Hopefully you don't have to clean out the tank, but with the pickups out, it's a good time to do so.

Fuel filters: Check them all, including any on the engine. Clean/replace as needed. No need for two in the bilge (maybe no need for any if the engine has one already). You could ditch one, and install one after the selector valve, on the line going to the engine.
    Last edited by CastingCall; 08-31-2018 at 08:40 PM. Reason: .