APS gave me permission to post these images

Side by side with Humminbird

USS Intrepid CVS-11 Helicopter Anti Submarine Warfare Squadron-3 1960-1964

When I keep my gratitude higher than my expectations I have a good day

2. Honda / Raymarine Moderator Hickory Legend's Avatar
    Thanks! The Raymarine is an A series, what is the bird
    Last edited by Hickory Legend; 08-22-2018 at 06:10 PM.

3. Member
    Helix 12 mega si gn2

You're running the humminbird on 200 mhz chirp which provides a pretty small cone with limited coverage. Especially in 14 ft of water. What freq are you using on the raymarine?

5. Member
    The Raymarine is on automatic settings out of the box. Transducers are on each side of jackplate with the Raymarine up higher so as not to interfere with SI. I can spend hours tweaking the bird and never come close to what I see on the A128. I use it strictly for SI and lakemaster

Has to have the bird on high Chirp or it will bounce all over in shallow water with double and triple echos :)

I used an A98 for years and still use my old trusty Gen1 Dragonfly. I liked it and I trusted what it showed. 2d was good but showed more of a blob than an arch). Si and Di were ok but blurry. Di showed fish great.

Recently switched to a HB mega 10. Similar 2d but better arches. Si is awesome. Di is very good on structure. Not as good at showing fish.

I like the HB but they do need to fix the shallow water prob that nearly everyone has.

Axiom seems like a solid and fast unit. The imaging seems very similar to my old A98 and I'm surprised at that. The 3D is cool but doesn't interest me.