Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Nothing worse for your boat and motor than lack of exercise. Just make it a priority to go once every week or so. Maybe you’ll get the bug and start enjoying it again. I’m a little bummed that my fishing friends have kinda lost interest. It was different when we were younger and all fired up about tournaments.
    1994 201 Champ re-powered with a 250 HO G2 E250LHAFA 05438419

2. Member
    Between work and the hot days this year, mine has hardly been out either. I'm losing my motivation and now I am looking for reasons not to go when I do have the time. I'm almost to the point of just selling it. Never thought that I'd be feeling that way.

3. Champion Boats Moderator Lea's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Royjulius View Post
    What all does he do/check for? I'm gonna need to start a list in case I don't get her out at all.
    Will have to check papers, but he is a 'Merc Master Mechanic....checks all aspects of motor and runs it on his treated gas. We drained my tank. Lee is a friend and former Champion dealer. He knows my boat and my motor....and he makes sure I will be safe when I can get back on the water.

He is Lee Sanderson....Sanderson Marine. I think he mods the Allison forum. You can ask him what all he checks!

4. Pat Goff
    Bought This:

Turned it into this:

While dealing with these:

And paying for this:

Just pushed this out of the way:
    Pat Goff

Two degrees from center
    of nowhere.
    Smithwick TX.

[SIGPIC][<a href=http://www.bbcboards.net/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=583&dateline=1498828542/SIGPIC] target=_blank>http://www.bbcboards.net/image.php?t...828542/SIGPIC]</a>

Looks like a pretty full life Pat. Plenty of good reasons for not being able to get out.
    25th Anniversary Champion 187 SCX Elite
    Mercury 175 EFI
    Perception Pescador Pro 120 Kayak
    Aquos 10ft Pontoon Boat

I've been out only twice this year but I'm totally fine with it. As Pat said..... I bought this:

I bought a lake house with a boat dock on Table Rock. Working on remodeling it now so I can play later. Setting myself up for retirement in 5 years.

7. Member
    Last October for me. Due to multiple surgeries on one hip. Leg is working well enough to go now but I am waiting for some cooler temperatures. Middle son coming in next weekend. He always wants to go at least once while here. So that fact may get me started back. My last fishing partner died from Pancreatic cancer and haven't really looked hard for someone else to push me into going. Love to fish by myself,but wife doesn't approve. Maybe more life insurance would change her mind. I have also bought some cabins on Pickwick which I am renovating and am pretty busy. Need to get my priorities in order!

Quote Originally Posted by BalsaBee View Post
    Setting myself up for retirement in 5 years.
    This is sort of where I am also. I quit doing tourneys cuz they were cutting into my ability to save for retirement. Then another company bought the one I work for and we started getting mad overtime. I ramped up my 401k contributions to 20%. So even tho my Champ is sitting in the garage, it will be used plenty when I retire. I do plan to get out some this fall.
    Mercury 175 EFI
    Aquos 10ft Pontoon Boat

9. Member
    I finally did get out Saturday. First time since the first week of May. The boat ran superb. Going again Wednesday eve. Cant wait. . Don't know how you folks can go for such long periods without getting on the water. Almost 4 months was rough on me. I had the boat in the driveway on the muffs before I went on Saturday just to get an idea of how it run and the wife said I looked 10 years younger. LOL
    GETFISHED !!!

I'm finally going fishing tomorrow, but My Tahoe isn't running right, so I'm hitching a ride with my buddy and fishing in his boat. The 187 still sits.
    Mercury 175 EFI
    Aquos 10ft Pontoon Boat

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12