Banned

Old hickory, Hendersonville??

Bringing my son to a 2 day basketball camp in Hendersonville at the end of sept. Never fished old hickory. Thinking of bringing boat to fish some. How is the fishing on hickory? What type of cover ? Grass , docks. ? What do I need to me prepared for. Thanks

2. Member
    Late September should be better than it is now. Current water temps in the low 80's, minimal current flow, fish are in their deep pattern. Grass is not what it used to be but there is some most of it concentrated along the shoreline edges in the form of willow/cane grass. You can cruise around looking for some topwater action which should be in play during that time frame. Docks are of the floating variety but plenty of brush piles typically.

3. Member
    Fishing been little slow out there ,but still catching em, grass ,docks,rocks, drop offs,coves. Lots good fishing. Big lake, lots of big bass,

4. Banned
    Go to Percy Priest instead to be honest

5. Banned
    Thanks

6. Banned
    Well wife has decide to come along on trip. So no fishing. Any good mom n pop tackle stores to visit around Hendersonville? Also flea market or antique stores that might some old tackle

7. Member
    Flippers and Poindexters are both in Gallatin. I'm not sure about the antique stores?

8. Member
    Antique stores in Goodlettsville, couple of antique malls and several stand-alone places.

9. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Buccaneer View Post
    Antique stores in Goodlettsville, couple of antique malls and several stand-alone places.
    Eat at Chef's Market if come to antique shops in Goodlettsville , it's on Conference drive behind Cracker Barrel

10. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by GZ ONE View Post
    Eat at Chef's Market if come to antique shops in Goodlettsville , it's on Conference drive behind Cracker Barrel
    I like that place.
    Basscat!

11. Banned
    Thanks guys. Dropped couple hundred at flippers,guess y’all don’t use the same stuff we do on pickwick. Found lots of stuff I have not seen in a while. Also heads up, poindextrs as a lot of used combos for sale cheap! Somebody must have quit fishing, mostly older stuff , but still good and good for kids. I’m not saying How much I spent there. LOL
    Last edited by Wbarnett; 09-24-2018 at 08:47 AM.

12. Banned
    Also , wife made me go in Ollie’s! They have a big box of lucky strike swim baits for $1.99 a pack if y’all need some. Good colors 5.5 and 6.5”