Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Member
    is this a problem with just the new 4 stroke mercs? or with the 2 stroke pro xs also?

2. Mercury 3L/4 Stroke/Verado Moderator EuropeanAM's Avatar
    Applies specifically to the new 4S Models (V6 and V8).

Dual Mercury Master Technician- for Mercury Outboards, Mercruiser and Mercury Racing at European Marine in Greenville, SC.
    Still consider myself a "Marine Apprentice" after 47 years (learn something new every day).
    Mercury Parts, Mercury Outboards, Smartcraft & Accessories, Injector Service, TDR Reeds- BBC Sponsor

Motor is mounted. Needs a different smart cable
    Attached Images Attached Images
    2016 Z520, 2018 250 Pro LPXS sn/ 2B590153, Helix 10s on bow and console, 360 bow and 112 Ultrex, 126sv and Livescope.
    Son inherited - 1997 462VS 150 Johnson Faststrike, 800 series birds, side image, 110 Fortrex

4. Member
    thanks

5. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by EuropeanAM View Post
    Applies specifically to the new 4S Models (V6 and V8).
    So let me make sure I understand what to tell my mechanic after they hang my motor check the hot foot throttle position from 0 to 100% due issues with THM hot foot?

6. Mercury 3L/4 Stroke/Verado Moderator EuropeanAM's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Rickybobby View Post
    So let me make sure I understand what to tell my mechanic after they hang my motor check the hot foot throttle position from 0 to 100% due issues with THM hot foot?
    You should not have to "tell" your dealer this if they are selling/rigging engines.

Dual Mercury Master Technician- for Mercury Outboards, Mercruiser and Mercury Racing at European Marine in Greenville, SC.
    Still consider myself a "Marine Apprentice" after 47 years (learn something new every day).
    Mercury Parts, Mercury Outboards, Smartcraft & Accessories, Injector Service, TDR Reeds- BBC Sponsor

7. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by EuropeanAM View Post
    You should not have to "tell" your dealer this if they are selling/rigging engines.
    Cool deal I know these are new to every one just didn't want to wait months then have to go back in forth to the dealer for a hot foot issue thx

8. Member
    Mine had that issue with no returning back to idle, took it out cleaned it up vacuumed flooring greased it lightly and re routed my throttle cable to the top load and now its smooth as butter.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12