Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Member

2. Member
    http://www.scielo.br/scielo.php?scri...82008000100010

That paper is written specifically about vehicle shop absorbers and how Newton's 2nd law is applied is within it.

3. Member
    I believe installing shocks on a torsion trailer is almost impossible because there is no place to anchor them on a torsion arm, but they can be mounted on a spring plate on a leaf spring trailer.

"Shocks are not installable for torsion axles I believe as they obviously flex and travel differently than a regular spring axle."
    Last edited by billnorman1; 08-28-2018 at 04:23 AM.

4. Member
    All things aside, I ordered the proper shocks and the pre-made brackets from Marine Master, everything is here now and one of my winter projects will be me installing all 4 shocks and 8 brackets on my dual axle trailer.

Shocks are not installable for torsion axles I believe as they obviously flex and travel differently than a regular spring axle. On a spring axle, the shock brackets go to the axle and trailer frame since the axle moves with the wheel, on a torsion axle, the axle is fixed and does not move, only the trailing arms and axle move spindle with the tire so no way to attach a shock that I am aware of.

You have it correct. On a leaf spring axle they will help on a torsion style thats a whole different system. I think you will be happy with the results.
    Roy
    2020 Triton 18 Trx
    Mercury 200 Pro XS V8
    Bravo FS 24P Prop
    Atlas 6” jp
    Dual Humminbird Helix 10 MEGA SI
    Minnkota Ultrex.

Have shocks on my trailer, tows excellent but will probably take them off now since their worthless............

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12