Fundraiser Tourney on Taylorsville Lake

Anderson County Schools' Sparrow Early Childhood Center will be hosting a bass tournament on Taylorsville Lake on October 20th. I know October is a busy time of year for classics and what not, but please consider this opportunity. All proceeds from the tournament will be going toward purchasing a reading program for kindergarten students at the school. Guaranteed First Prize of $1000! I have attached the tournament flyer and rules/registration form to this post. Early registration begins September 1st.

We are also looking for additional sponsors for the event. All contact information can be found on the flyer. If you have trouble retrieving the registration form from this post, please contact the email on the flyer.
    Attached Images Attached Images

2. Member

Thumbs Up

3. Member
    Registration is open for this tournament!

4. Member
    Bump

5. Member
    Just wanted to post a reminder that our fundraiser tournament is coming up this Saturday, October 20th at Taylorsville Lake! You can pre-register of you can sign up at Possum Ridge the day of the tournament. We will be set up at the pavilion at the top of the hill before you get to the ramp. Don't let the chance of rain scare you away from a chance to win $1000. Reminder that this tournament is to help fund a reading program for our kindergarten students in Anderson County. Even though this is a fundraiser tournament, we are not expecting folks to donate any of their winnings. If you win money, you leave with it! As long as we have plenty of boats and everyone has a good time, we'll consider it a successful tournament.

Flyers and registration forms are attached to the first post. If you have any questions you can email me at Kyle.Riggs@anderson.kyschools.us or call at (502) 839-2504 and ask for Kyle. You can message me on here too.

Thanks everyone and we hope to see you out there on Saturday.

6. Member
    Just a reminder that we're having our fundraiser tournament on Taylorsville Lake this Saturday, October 20th. We'll be checking people in at Possum Ridge at the pavilion on top of the hill. Don't let the chance of rain keep you from trying to win $1000! We are raising money to fund a reading program for kindergarten students in Anderson County. Even though this is a fundraiser, we do not expect those who win money to donate it back to us. If you win money, you leave with it! If we get boats, we'll raise the money.

I hope to see everyone come out and fish. If you have questions you can message me here. There is also contact information on the flyer that's attached to the original post for this tournament.

7. Member
    How many has signed up?

8. Member
    As of right now, we only have a few who have chosen to preregister. I have spoken/email/text to ~20 more boats who have indicated to me that they will be signing up that morning. I'm sure there are folks who wanted to see the forecast before throwing their money in. We'll start checking-in/registering boats at 5:30 that morning.

Anybody know what the turnout/results for this one was?
    Lee Blakeman

10. Member
    Sorry, I meant to post results last week, but the time got away from me.

We ended up with 32 boats (not bad for our first try).

We paid 3 spots:

1st Place Cody Boblitt/Stephen Mitchell 12.18
    2nd Place Tony Casabella/Ed Holt 6.26
    3rd Place Billy Young 6.07

Big Fish Tony Casabella/Ed Holt 4.60

We plan to make this an annual event. We hope to be able to schedule away from some of the classics taking place during this time of year because we had several others indicate they would have fished with us if they were not already committed to another tournament.