Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by stratos3317 View Post
    you went from a V6 to a V8 ....fuel economy will go down and others have reported this. How are u getting better fuel economy? 2 more cylinders means more Fuel
    Two stroke adds gas every revaluation of the motor to every cylinder, 4stroke adds fuel to each cylinder every other revaluation. This is why four strokes need more displacement than 2 strokes to make the same power. Now if you take technology and a more efficient 4 stroke it has potential to make more fuel economy but at the risk of burning it up, so a 200-300 hp outbourd that is not pushed to the ragged edge of power should last longer, they could make a NA 2.0L 4 cylinder to make the power but it wouldn't last thousands of hours at redline like the 4.6 will
    Mercury 250 proxs 2B115089

Quote Originally Posted by Nova Kaw 650 View Post
    Going from a V6 to a V8 means nothing. Changes in displacement means everything.
    And this is a case of going from a 2-stroke to a 4-stroke, so displacement comparisons don't matter either.
    Well first mistake is they are relying on a fuel gauge.
    Bryan McDonough
    2023 Nitro Z21 XL
    Nitro Team

That's a great looking rig...congrats!
    Been fishin' since I was 5 years old...Thanks Grandpa!

4. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Fishysam View Post
    Two stroke adds gas every revaluation of the motor to every cylinder, 4stroke adds fuel to each cylinder every other revaluation. This is why four strokes need more displacement than 2 strokes to make the same power. Now if you take technology and a more efficient 4 stroke it has potential to make more fuel economy but at the risk of burning it up, so a 200-300 hp outbourd that is not pushed to the ragged edge of power should last longer, they could make a NA 2.0L 4 cylinder to make the power but it wouldn't last thousands of hours at redline like the 4.6 will
    and a NA 2.0L 4 cylinder that makes 200-300hp at a higher rpm isn't going to make the same peak torque nor anywhere near as much low rpm torque as 4.6 V8. Smaller cylinder bores are easier to make more efficient too, especially when DFI isn't being used.

5. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by tgrife View Post
    Here is the comparison between the 2016-2018 and the 2019 front deck compartment layout/size.

Where did did you get the Jordan decal?

6. Member
    like the latches on the 16-18 better along with the single center console latch.

7. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by HawgSnatchin View Post
    like the latches on the 16-18 better along with the single center console latch.
    I agree with ya there.
    "CATCH EM, PUT EM BACK, CATCH EM AGAIN, PUT EM BACK AGAIN, REPEAT!!"

TGCustomRods@gmail.com

Sponsors:
    My WIFE
    My Wallet

8. Member
    The Nitro site shows that the 2019 Z20 has a larger front deck is that true?

9. Member
    Beautiful boat.......how's the leg room?

Quote Originally Posted by tgrife View Post
    Its not bad at all if you know the right dealer to use. Add that into the savings with the new 4 stroke with fuel efficiency, oil consumption and maintenance, Ill come out ahead in the long run.
    Glad you are happy (that's all that matters) but I think your kidding yourself if you believe any savings on fuel, oil (it sill needs oil changes) and maintenance will contribute any significant savings compared to what that boat cost you.
    Bruce
    2019 20 TRX Patriot
    Mercury 250 ProXS Fourstroke
    HDS 12 Live - Console
    HDS 9 Live - Bow

Quote Originally Posted by stratos3317 View Post
    you went from a V6 to a V8 ....fuel economy will go down and others have reported this. How are u getting better fuel economy? 2 more cylinders means more Fuel
    the number of cylinders is not relevant. That V6 has 6 firing impulses per revolution while the V8 has 4.
    Bruce
    2019 20 TRX Patriot
    Mercury 250 ProXS Fourstroke
    HDS 12 Live - Console
    HDS 9 Live - Bow

12. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by berudd View Post
    Glad you are happy (that's all that matters) but I think your kidding yourself if you believe any savings on fuel, oil (it sill needs oil changes) and maintenance will contribute any significant savings compared to what that boat cost you.
    ummmmmm, ok.

TGCustomRods@gmail.com

Sponsors:
    My WIFE
    My Wallet

13. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by berudd View Post
    I guess you didn't do well in math..... let me enlighten you... 250 ProXS 4 stroke requires 7.4 qts of oil per year + filter if you choose to run the synthetic blend it's $30 a gal and oil filter is $13 @ WalMart
    that goes like this 2 x 30 = 60, 60 + 13 = 73, 73 + 7 tax = $80 one time a year.

250 ProXS 2 stroke running DFI oil at avg $39/gal. As a tournament angler I average 10-15 gal/year so put it at 12
    that goes like this 12 x 39 = 468, 468 + 42 tax = $518 that's a lot of oil changes. And I am pretty sure there are anglers that burn through more oil than I do.

The 4 strokes are proven more fuel efficient in the neighborhood of 10-15% and I have experienced it. The rest of the general maintenance is basically the same. Yes that awesome new boat cost a significant mount of money but that's not what is being compared. And the money saved takes a chunk out of a payment.

TGRIFE congrats on the new boat. Jealousy is a terrible thing.

14. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by BassSneaker View Post
    Beautiful boat.......how's the leg room?

Hey bud, I’m 6’6” tall, so no bass boat is ideal for me in leg room. This is comparable to my 2018 in terms on the leg room. The length isn’t what I really have an issue with from the seat to the hotfoot, it’s the space from the floor to the bottom of the console. My shin will hit the bottom of the console if I’m sitting straight. I simply turn my foot to the side and my leg rests lower, not touching the console. I’ve had to do that in every bass boat I’ve owned or driven.

TGCustomRods@gmail.com

Sponsors:
    My WIFE
    My Wallet

15. Member
    10-15 gallons of oil per year? I run through 40-50 easily lol

I e been getting through 15 gallons a year in ND... haha so glad winter does happen so I can build my fishing fund

17. Member
    Well so far this year...bought the boat in January and I have added two gallons since then....lol

18. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by APS View Post
    10-15 gallons of oil per year? I run through 40-50 easily lol
    Holy Crapola! You definitely get more time on the water than I do or your motor uses more oil than mine. You would definitely benefit from a 4 stroke. December to February here in OK the weather is not real conducive to bass fishing. I dont do alot of fishing those months unless we get some warm weather. Do more duck hunting so the Nitro stays home.

19. Member
    What’s the deal with Jordan logo?

Quote Originally Posted by rampaage View Post
    Holy Crapola! You definitely get more time on the water than I do or your motor uses more oil than mine. You would definitely benefit from a 4 stroke. December to February here in OK the weather is not real conducive to bass fishing. I dont do alot of fishing those months unless we get some warm weather. Do more duck hunting so the Nitro stays home.
    Power plant lake! January is the only time my nitro is stored if the wind is calm,

jordan decal makes me curious as well

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast