Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by 98 Elite203 View Post
    Duo realis makes a jerkbait that get 12-13’... they are awesome

as already mentioned, the lucky craft pointer XD runs 12-13’ as well.
    What model is that? You've got me interested! And of course this is coming during the worst time of year for me when I'm about to be stuck thinking about bass fishing instead of actually doing it. This always costs me money....
    2011 Skeeter ZX225
    225 Yamaha HPDI Series 2
    Minn Kota Ultrex 112 52"
    Console: HDS 16 Carbon
    Bow: HDS 12 Carbon, Solix 12 G2, Mega 360

Quote Originally Posted by DrewFlu33 View Post
    The Rapala Shadow Rap Deep comes in a slow sinking version. They work very, very well after you change out the stock hooks that bend out easily. That is, at least, until they crack. And they will crack, right along the lateral line between the first and second hook hanger. I keep buying them though because they just work. KVD triple grips in size 6 are good choice for changing out hooks, and they'll make them sink a little quicker as well.

They actually may work better after they crack as they sink like a rock then. I've caught a ton of fish on broken ones. The problem is you get about 1 day on the broken ones before they have to be trashed, maybe 2 if you fish 2 days in a row. Once the water gets in and sits for a little while, the rattles corrode, get stuck, and the bait doesn't work worth a damn anymore.

The KVD Deep is the deepest I've found (that's still made), though I have a few Lucky Craft Staysees that are close. They actually get deeper than the Pointer XDs I've tried, though jerkbaits always seem to have a fair amount of variability to them, even with the high dollar ones. The Staysee has a smaller profile than the KVD which I like.
    I can’t agree more about the shadow rap, great action and they work, by I’m awful sick of them breaking. I’ll stick with rogues.

3. Member
    I don’t think you are alone

What model is that? You've got me interested! And of course this is coming during the worst time of year for me when I'm about to be stuck thinking about bass fishing instead of actually doing it. This always costs me money....

4. Member
    https://www.tacklewarehouse.com/Duo_...e-DUOJKDR.html

https://www.tacklewarehouse.com/Duo_...age-DRFJK.html

5. Member
    I use golfers lead tape one my jerks. put it where you want, head down, level , slow or fast

6. Member
    There was one called Dredger made by Basstar that had a curved lead weight made on the lip. In theory you could let it sink 100+ feet.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12