New Mega DI transducer

Went out for a short trip today between storms to try out my new Mega DI transducer with lowQ. Install was nice and clean, used Flexroute cable ties (thanks Troy). Only checked 2 spots, both showed fish. Really like the Mega DI, really has a clear image. I need to play with the 2D lowQ settings but can already see it makes some nice fish arches. Hope to get out later this week to fish, sure have had allot of rain here. Any suggestions on adjustment of the lowQ transducer appreciated.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Some info to help you decide on the three CHIRP setting choices--Narrow, Wide, Full if your unit has them.
    Do not know if the Helix has the same choices as the SOLIX, have not seen one.

Narrow is 25 degrees of spec coverage at -10db with a frequency range of 180-240 kHz fixed=not adjustable.
    Wide is 42 degrees of spec coverage at -10db with a frequency range of 140-200 kHz fixed=not adjustable.
    Full is a max of 42 degrees of spec coverage at -10db with the whole frequency range of 140-240 kHz that is selectable for any part or all of it.

Both Full and Wide will give you the widest coverage and best fish arches (time and distance to create an arch).
    Wayne Purdum
    Charlottesville, Va.
    Helix 12 CHIRP MEGA+ SI G3N/G4N, Helix 15 CHIRP MEGA SI+ GPS G4N
    SOLIX 12 SI/G3, Helix 8 CHIRP MEGA SI+ G4N, Ultrex 80/LINK, MEGA360,
    MEGA LIVE, LIVE TL

3. Member
    Thanks Wayne, which setting would you use to spot fish on steep drops or those holding tight to the bottom in 20 to 30 fow?

4. Member
    nice shots.....I run full chirp 100% of the time.. 140-240... you should be able to increase the top end to 240