New to be Bass Cat Owner

Well the time has finally came. pending a test drive soon I will be the unbelievably happy owner of a 2003 bass Cat Cougar with a 225 EFI Merc.

I will have to say I had one Bass cat way back when and after a bit of a mishap Rick, the dealer and the plant took great care of me on it. toured the factory and was really impressed. granted this was probably 6-7 years ago. but I was really impressed with it all and knew then that I wanted to stay in a cat. well things happen and the wife (now X-Wife) wanted to trade that boat off for something else that we could use close to home on the river. so being the person I am I did and it was the worst decision I have ever made and regretted it for years.

fast forward to the last few years. with a divorce pretty fresh I got an older Ranger 300 series boat to use. ran it for a while and found some rotted wood in the transom. so got rid of that. then got the Astro I have now. which was fine for a while but have had some issues with it die to the last owner not knowing what he was doing with the boat. and it still just wasn't exactly what I wanted.
    my now wife who loves to fish and loves the water almost as much as me have looked at boats and tried to figure out how to get something better and I have told her many times if I spend any amount of money on a Bass Boat I want a Bass Cat hands down.
    well after a little leg work and some calling and a hell of a lot of hard work fixing things financially the last year I finally looks like ill be a Bass Cat owner soon.

I cant wait to get this thing. my wife and I just got married June 8th and our Honeymoon is going to be 10 Days on Tablerock at a resort right on the water so I'm hoping that ill have this cougar there for us to use so she can see what a real boat is like being in.

Thank you Ron, Rick and all the BCB group for what you all do.

to say I'm excited to get this boat is an understatement

Woohoo - another Basscat owner just down the road from me! Congrats.

I am just getting acquainted with what I envision as my dream / last BCB (my 4th BCB) I recently acquired - fitting I guess that its a PIV? Hope to see you on the water Luke.

3. Member
    Congrats Luke!
    2001 ChampioN 206 Yamaha 225

"heard it in a love song.........can't be wrong"

5. Member
    Happy wife-happy life. Owning a Bass Cat is good too.

6. Member
    Congrats on both the new Wife and Bass Cat!! Enjoy the honeymoon!!
    2016 BassCat Pantera II
    Mercury 200 ProXs