Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast
    I have 15 and some are over 6 years old...never had a problem...not once. The new Lews Super Duty are the best reel without a doubt I've ever owned. I've bought and sold a couple of hundred ...(that's 100) over the past 4 years and not one person has told me they've had problems.

I bought @ 30 used Lews from a BBC member a few years ago. I split them with a friend. I sold 1/2 of mine for what I had in my half and kept the rest to use. Other than needing to be cleaned, greased, and oiled, they were like new. I am still using the 10 that I kept and they have been bulletproof. Of course, as with all reels that I have owned, I tear them down each winter and fully service them.
    "The man of system is apt to be very wise in his own conceit; and is often so enamored with the supposed beauty of his own ideal plan of government that he cannot suffer the smallest deviation from any part of it…He seems to imagine that he can arrange the different members of a great society with as much ease as the hand arranges the different pieces upon a chessboard.” Adam Smith, The Theory of Moral Sentiments

3. Member
    My thoughts also.

I have 2 8.0:1 Super Duty Lew’s that still as good as when I bought them 2-3 years ago. They get cleaned and lubed yearly, and I use them hard on just about every trip.
    No complaints.
    BassCat Sabre FTD
    Mercury 150 Optimax
    "It's just fishing"

I love these " why is everybody selling their ------ " threads.

6. Joe4d
    Cause u can cut out the middle man and buy Kastking and pacisuns for $40

Quote Originally Posted by THOEFT View Post
    Fine out of the box then bearings go to ($#@T) Buy something else.
    this.........+1000000

8. Member
    I own more than 20 Tournament Pros, bought them about 4 years ago when I sold all my Shimano greenies and have not had a single issue with any of them

9. Member
    Word is JM bought them, he need another tax deduction!

10. Scraps
    Quote Originally Posted by Joe4d View Post
    ummmm how can I put this nicely...
    They Suck ?
    BS. I have over 12 of them at least 5 years old and they are as good as the first time I used them and look new. I keep them in reel covers all the time they're in the boat which helps. Sure the BB1s I crank with all the time feel a little rougher but they still cast great. I don't know if it's the bearings that go but the brass gears that eventually give them the rough feeling. And if buying the lower end models, reels under the MB models, they're gonna show the wear quicker.
    2017 Phoenix 819
    2016 200ProXS, s/n 2B359849, Mod 1200P73BD

11. Tin Boats Moderator Pokie Pa's Avatar
    No problems with mine. KEEPING them ALL

Love mine. Still run one of the original bb1ng's from 25 years ago. All of my "new" lews are 5 years old now. I fished with my brothers new one with green crap on it and didn't care for how it felt.

13. Member
    I have 10 MG pros and they are very good reels. I keep them clean and lubed.

14. Member
    Lews are $59.00 bubble pack reels you get at Wal Mart. Use it a few seasons (not years, but spring and summer) and when it gets rough, you throw them away. Get a Shimano or Daiwa for their superior Japanese engineering. Leave the Lews to the Wal Mart crowd.

Currently there is equal shimano and Daiwa reels being sold on the reel page. I don't see any Quantum, so people must really like them, because they are not selling them.

You should look at the boats for sale......to make an assimption.. I would not buy a ranger!

16. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by g352nv View Post
    Love my Lews and the way they cast. That said they need to be oiled every couple months IMO. Im not selling mine!
    Yup !!!!

My Tourney pros are a few years old and get used almost every week from May till October and still work great. They are getting pretty dirty and really need a cleaning, but they still fish really well. I really need to do a better job on maintaining them.
    2017 Legend SS 1860 Semi-V
    2013 Evinrude Etec 150/105 jet drive
    Minn kota Ultrex Quest Trolling Motor
    Humminbird Helix 9 Chirp Mega SI GPS G2N (console)
    Garmin Echomap Ultra 106sv with LVS32 transducer (bow)
    YouTube: youtube.com/Etec86

18. Member
    Since the OP provided such a qualitative blanket statement, where is your data source?

I just went to the Reels for Sale page here and on page 1, out of 35 posts, only 6 were Lews, or approximately 17%. Hardly consider that "everybody" or "a lot."

19. Member
    Mine aren't for sale.

20. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by cattdaddy View Post
    I have 15 and some are over 6 years old...never had a problem...not once. The new Lews Super Duty are the best reel without a doubt I've ever owned. I've bought and sold a couple of hundred ...(that's 100) over the past 4 years and not one person has told me they've had problems.
    Completely agree. Have BB 1 Pros, BB 1s, Super Dutys, and Super Duty Wide Spools. Love them all. Smoothest and best casting reels I've ever owned. Not 1 single problem. Slowly replacing all my Daiwas.

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast