Question Heading Sensor Location???

Ok, so I am in the middle of snaking wires upon wires through a 2002 Ranger 620VS. I am looking on recommendations on where to put the Minn Kota Heading Sensor (puck) that works in conjunction with the Ulterra iPilot Link system. On my old boat I had it on the outside of the driver console on gunwale. Not going to work with this double bubble I have now. Have any of you had any issues mounting it next to the TM on the bow? The installation directions caution about this due to interference issues.

At any rate, any practical experience and advice is appreciated.

dh

2. Member
    I usually mount them in a location that would be under the mount arm when it's stowed.
    BBC Sponsor since 2006: (870) 773-3474
    Mon - Thrs 8am - 5pm Central
    Friday 8am-12pm
    Garmin Certified Dealer and Installers: Call us for all your Garmin Electronics needs!
    ASC for: Garmin, Lowrance, Minnkota, Humminbird, and Powerpole.
    [SIGPIC] http://www.jonestrollingmotor.com
    [/SIGPIC]

Quote Originally Posted by Jonestrollingmotor View Post
    I usually mount them in a location that would be under the mount arm when it's stowed.
    Where do you tap into 12V power for the heading sensor, when mounted in this location? I do like this spot, out of the way and no one will kick it or step on it.

4. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by darleyhavidson View Post
    Where do you tap into 12V power for the heading sensor, when mounted in this location? I do like this spot, out of the way and no one will kick it or step on it.
    behind the bow panel
    BBC Sponsor since 2006: (870) 773-3474
    Mon - Thrs 8am - 5pm Central
    Friday 8am-12pm
    Garmin Certified Dealer and Installers: Call us for all your Garmin Electronics needs!
    ASC for: Garmin, Lowrance, Minnkota, Humminbird, and Powerpole.
    [SIGPIC] http://www.jonestrollingmotor.com
    [/SIGPIC]

Quote Originally Posted by Jonestrollingmotor View Post
    behind the bow panel
    Gotcha. Thanks