Thread: Land Rant

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Member
    I am going to take it another way and say thank you to all the Kansas farmers I met in my life. Many let me hunt upon my request. Many I leased for oil and gas during my college summers some of whom knew a hell of a lot more about the oil business than I did. A couple I worked for in my formative years and taught me to work hard, eat hard, play was something left for Saturday night as long as it wasn’t harvest season and to be thankful on all the other times I was not working on the farm, but playing sports.

our nation needs these rural businessmen and women to feed our nation who think all food just shows up at the grocery store and always will. The reason farmers access has been leased out is beCause money has showed up that values the hunting and sells it to those. Corporate farms just see it as revenue. Individual farms are the same. All of us who value the hunt on their lands should try to round up a group of friends to share it with and collect funds to compete with the others.

If if they get any subsidies or payments good for them. I am happy to see my taxes go to them. It is all the other $ that goes to California laziest or others that pisses me off.

No Public Access?

Quote Originally Posted by Crappie Chatt View Post
    Who paid for the reclamation, i honestly don’t know. If the company who leased the ground for the quarry operation did, and that is part of there obligation, then it should be left up to the land owner wether it public access or not. On the other hand, if tax payers footed the bill then yes it should be public

4. Member
    Dad always said if he had a million dollars, he'd just farm till it was all gone. Most that have never farmed don't understand the truth of this statement.

5. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by josie201 View Post
    Who paid for the reclamation, i honestly don’t know. If the company who leased the ground for the quarry operation did, and that is part of there obligation, then it should be left up to the land owner wether it public access or not. On the other hand, if tax payers footed the bill then yes it should be public
    Quarry operators are 100% responsible for reclamation plans/costs and they have to be approved ahead of time. It is a huge part of the permitting process.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12