Thread: Set Up HELP

Set Up HELP

I have h56 with a mercury 150Xr6 sitting on a 8" jack plate with a tempest 23p that's been balanced and blue printed with cup added. It is right at 3" from bottom of pad turning 5600 to 5700 running 65 on gps, water pressure is at 15. I can trim all the way up and it doesn't throw a rooster tail or try to blow out. Do i need to raise it up more to get rpms up and where i don't have to trim all the way up. Any help would be greatly appreciated!!!

Good numbers now. Can try and raise see if anything left. Not a great fan myself on a tempest for a xpress.

3. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by MIKER2702 View Post
    Good numbers now. Can try and raise see if anything left. Not a great fan myself on a tempest for a xpress.
    What do you like to run on yours?

On my H56 with 150 proXS with 10" jp I ran a 25p TXP 3 blade and a 25p Trophy plus both worked by Brian at Holeshot Propeller. I also had the top 4 holes in the lower unit plugged so I could run a little higher without loosing water pressure.
    What RPMs are you looking to turn with that motor? Sounds like you are pretty close on your set up for max performance.
    Xpress X19/200SHO

5. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by T-Bob View Post
    On my H56 with 150 proXS with 10" jp I ran a 25p TXP 3 blade and a 25p Trophy plus both worked by Brian at Holeshot Propeller. I also had the top 4 holes in the lower unit plugged so I could run a little higher without loosing water pressure.
    What RPMs are you looking to turn with that motor? Sounds like you are pretty close on your set up for max performance.

I really dont wanna turn more rpm. I would like to gain more speed but I’ll have to go to different pitch and raise the motor up more to do that. I’m looking to also get more lift with out having to trim all the way up

Hard to beat a trophy.
    I liked tr04 maybe the only person on here who does.
    1998 bullet 20xd 2006 225 sport xs