Ultrex continuous switch issue

It's probably just me, but I was wondering if anyone else is having the same issue.

When fishing down the bank on medium to high using the monetary switch, I stop and move around the deck casting .

I accidentally hit the continuous switch and almost get thrown overboard.

I am worried that if that happens ,I won't be able to swim fast enough to catch it before it crosses the main lake, since it's going to keep going the direction it's heading.

It seems like the switch should be a little bit lower.

It could dang sure happen...… I've come close a couple of times.. I try not to have it turned up any higher than needed and be more aware of which way the head is pointed even when I know I'm going to turn it on.
    I fish a lot by myself and it would not be good to go overboard...….Maybe a kill switch in the future if someone drowns.

3. Member
    If you're concerned about it happening just make sure you have your remote on you so you can cancel continuous and then steer it back to you.

Quote Originally Posted by Lowerider58 View Post
    If you're concerned about it happening just make sure you have your remote on you so you can cancel continuous and then steer it back to you.

Exactly what I do when fishing alone. Do you know for sure that the remote is waterproof ??
    Ranger Boats / Mercury Motors
    G Loomis Rods / Shimano Reels
    Raymarine / MinnKota Ultrex
    Garmin / Live Scope Plus
    Pepper Jigs / Robo Worms
    Troll Bridge / V-T2 Vents

I had the remote save me from very bad situation a couple of winters ago . I could not get back in and was able to troll boat to shallow water and get back in , and it still works after going under to about 10 feet .

7. Member
    Remote.??.? I would have to dig it out of storage. Never even turned it on..lol I didn't buy the tm to fiddle with gadgets

Quote Originally Posted by munchie View Post
    Remote.??.? I would have to dig it out of storage. Never even turned it on..lol I didn't buy the tm to fiddle with gadgets
    hey it's a free country...no one going to make you have a gadget in your pocket even if it might save your life.

You need the remote to do the setup, or you loose many functions !!
    Garmin / Live Scope Plus
    Pepper Jigs / Robo Worms

10. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by wmitch2 View Post
    You need the remote to do the setup, or you loose many functions !!
    I don't need no stinking functions. If it will hold me in place and move when I step on the pedal, I am go to go.

I don't need no stinking functions. If it will hold me in place and move when I step on the pedal, I am go to go.
    Whatever blows your skirt up, it's your choice !! That's a lot of money to spend and not utilize all the functions. I guess you could've just used a long stick instead of spot lock too !!
    Garmin / Live Scope Plus
    Pepper Jigs / Robo Worms

It's probably just me, but I was wondering if anyone else is having the same issue.

When fishing down the bank on medium to high using the monetary switch, I stop and move around the deck casting .

I accidentally hit the continuous switch and almost get thrown overboard.

I am worried that if that happens ,I won't be able to swim fast enough to catch it before it crosses the main lake, since it's going to keep going the direction it's heading.

It seems like the switch should be a little bit lower.
    Something is different in your Ultrex and mine. When I hit the continuous switch on my foot pedal, the motor runs at the speed set by the rotary speed selector on the side of the pedal.
    Another difference is that my Ultrex has a long ramp up to high speed. I can put the speed dial on 100% and when I engage the motor, the speed starts out slow and gradually ramps up. Takes it 5 or 6 seconds to get up to speed.
    Actually I had complained about the acceleration ramp on my MAXXUM being too short and was pleased that it was increased on the
    Ultrex.
    Since my pedal is in a recessed tray, I have to make a conscious effort to push any of the buttons.

I try to drive as if my 16 year old Grandson is following me
    Speak as if he is listening and act as if he is watching