Ceramic coatings

Anyone have any experience with Feynlab ceramic coating? I need to get some paint correction done on my truck from where my kayak fell off the ceiling and scratched up my hood. A local detailer has a deal going on for Feynlab ceramic that includes "stage 1" paint correction (not sure what that means) for $500. It has a 5 year warranty. Anyone knows how Feynlab compares to some of the other ceramic coatings? They also have the Ceramic plus that is $800 which has a 7 year warranty. Not sure what the warranty covers.

2. Member
    From my understanding the ceramic coat goes over the paint job...its not actually paint. On my boat I had the 9H put on there last year. Permanent. Will never have to wax boat again, which is nice. After a rain it looks like new again...haha

Quote Originally Posted by coolwhip View Post
    From my understanding the ceramic coat goes over the paint job...its not actually paint. On my boat I had the 9H put on there last year. Permanent. Will never have to wax boat again, which is nice. After a rain it looks like new again...haha
    Yeah, it seems like it is basically a long lasting wax job. But before they put it on, my paint needs to be fixed. Just curious if this particular brand is any good.

4. Member
    Ceramic pro is the best. I have never heard of the brand mentioned. Most are only good for 3 years tho. I think someone is hardselling the longevity..imho

5. Member
    Never hear of this brand. Stage 1 paint correction just means a good buff with some polishing compound, usually.
    2021 Caymas CX21/Mercury 250 Pro XS

Quote Originally Posted by Dh0ckey11 View Post
    Never hear of this brand. Stage 1 paint correction just means a good buff with some polishing compound, usually.
    That's what I figured. I'm going to stop by tomorrow and see what it will cost me to have the scratches and some rock chips fixed.