Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Bird to a Bullet?

I'm thinking about trading my 18 Phoenix 20 PHX/250 SHO in on or for a Bullet or Ally...I love everything about my bird, but 81 just isn't fast enough...has anyone here made this kind of jump recently and if so, any regrets...I know I'll be giving up front deck width, and that's not too big a deal...but how about Bullet live wells, rod lockers and tackle storeage? I love these things about my PHX and not sure I'm ready to give them up...

I also have heard bad things about late model Bullets finishing not be great, but my main concern is I hear a lot about the hulls developing cracks??? If I spend $60-$70k on a boat, I'll be pissed off big time if it starts cracking,..looking for honest advice and input..

Thanks
    Blazer 650 PRO /Nizpro SC SHO

2. Member
    I've got a new SST that was picked up early spring. Its black and will show everything ! Not a blemish on it except for a boat dock scar.
    2020 Allison XB 21
    Merc 300R
    2018-SST Bullet
    Merc 300R
    Bullet 20XD
    300XS DBR

3. Member
    Jim, I haven't seen a crack in my 2016

My 06 has no cracks.....any brand boat can develop a a stress crack or two at some point. I’ve owned 7 brands and 3 or 4 has had a stress crack or two in the gel.....
    BULLET 20 XRD/250 Merc Sport XS
    www.ncboatguy.com

5. Member
    I kept my first one 12 yrs,no cracks. Kept another one 10 yrs,no cracks.The finish on a Bullet is top notch. I am sure you will hear more of the same on here.

6. Member
    Bullet livewells will not disappoint

7. Member
    I keep seeing postings about the finish and build quality of Bullets being subpar, I wonder where this is coming from? I know when I set out to buy a Bullet I got tons of misinformation from people who had no knowledge of a Bullet at all and it sounds like many others have as well. I know everyone seems to stick up for the brand they own but the truth is that a Bullet (and a few other brands) are a step up from production boats in quality, design and performance. It is true they are not for everyone, they don’t have a lot of the trinkets that boats like Ranger and others have but that is kind of the point cause that crap is heavy and breaks, they run fast, fish well and handle big water as good as a bass boat can. Don’t believe everything you hear and that includes from me, go drive one and you will probably buy one.
    Bullet 21XD, 250 PRO XS

8. Member
    I had a 2004 21XDC for about 11 years.

No stress cracks.

Live wells were the 100% reliable. Lost 1 fish on all those years. It was my fault.

I’d go back to a Bullet in a heartbeat. Only switched to a Legend to try something different but since they may not be an option when I buy new again I will Probably go back to bullet.

9. Member
    Just to be honest i dont own a bullet never have but been in them, all boats at some point will get stress cracks. But i have also heard of a few newer ones with excessive cracks for a new boat dont get me wrong i like the looks of a bullet and have actually almost got one a couple times but with the internet theres alot of info out but combing through whats real and make up can be tough LOL i will say this most of the time owners of the big 3 usually take really good care of there boats and maintenance.

10. Member
    I have a 2012 it has some problems it has stress cracks from the first yr not bad but a few one behind the seat and the rest in corners of splashwell and had a bad case of bunk blisters bullet stood behind them so minus the drive taking it back it's all good. Customer service has always been top notch still own my bullet if I ever buy another it will definatly be another bullet it has the perfect balance for my fishing needs. Only two things I wish I had that I could have a 300 on back and a hydrolic jackplate

A 20` Bullet with a 250 isnt going to be that much faster than 81. Maybe 84-85. If thats worth changing to you. What boat is actually faster than your Phoenix that you are concerned about?
    2022 Blazer 675 Ultimate
    2022 Merc 300 Pro XS
    2017 YZ250F
    Kenny Hollingsworth<<<<<<<<<MY NAME!
    828 674 6752
    Hendersonville NC<<<<MY LOCATION!!

12. Member
    Got a '99.....no cracks.

13. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by KHNC View Post
    A 20` Bullet with a 250 isnt going to be that much faster than 81. Maybe 84-85. If thats worth changing to you. What boat is actually faster than your Phoenix that you are concerned about?
    I thought Paul ran like 94 with a 250xs ? Someone else might know for sure ... pretty sure if you hung that flashed sho on a 20xd your looking at 90 anyway.
    ​BULLET 21XRS 250 SHO

14. Member
    I’ve had a 2013 21ss that had not a single issue, and now I have a 2017 21sdc The has cracks in the splash well on both sides and also where the console meets the side close to the top cap. If I wouldn’t know they were there it wouldn’t bother me but being such a new boat it kills me to see them. I emailed Tom at Bullet and he told me to send pics and to bring it to them and they would take care of it. I’m gonna keep a close eye on them .They started just in the bends where you get the most stress. They were probably and 1”-1-1/2” and now they’re more like 3” so it’ll most likely be taking the trip back to Tenn. I honestly will say that if I were to buy another boat it would definitely be another bullet!! They stand behind their work and are great people to deal with.

08 and no cracks. As far as the transom and well, I let that 300 do what’s it’s meant to do and still no cracks.

2008 BULLET 21XD 2007 Merc 300xs

I also like how simple these boats are as far as wiring, switches, etc. livewells are huge. I’ve had over 30 lbs in mine several times in the heat with no issues. It’ll swallow 25 lbs with no problem.
    Last edited by crank68; 08-20-2018 at 08:55 PM. Reason: Uneducated
    BULLET 20 XRD/250 Merc Sport XS
    www.ncboatguy.com

17. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by crank68 View Post
    I also like how simple these boats are as far as wiring, switches, etc. livewells are huge. I’ve had over 30 lbs in mine several times in the heat with no issues. It’ll swallow 25 lbs with no problem.
    What??? We don't catch 25 lbs in a tournament year up this way... Dan

Quote Originally Posted by Dan21XRS View Post
    What??? We don't catch 25 lbs in a tournament year up this way... Dan
    You just ain’t holding your mouth right, Dan!

I do like the simplicity in these boats. A great simple lay out. And yes, huge live wells.

20. Member
    Thanks for all the input guys...now I need to a new boat dealer that takes tradin in without killing me on my PHX...
    Blazer 650 PRO /Nizpro SC SHO

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast