Question 2002 620VS Manual Fuel Tank Selector Switch???

Can someone tell me (based on the attached picture) which tank is able to flow fuel to the outboard? I am probably over thinking it, but the valve spins 360*, and looks like it has a pointed indicator handle. It has positive stops in all 4 positions. Trying to wrap my brain around it.

dh

shared.jpg

2. Member
    You can run the big motor off main or aux. Do you have a kicker? My kicker runs off the aux with a direct line. The selector should be for the big motor only.

There is a brass T block after the manual fuel tank valve. It feeds the Kicker and Big Motor at the same time.

Basically, I want to use the Auxiliary tank as the "Reserve" and feed both motors from the main tank.

So, looking at the picture, which tank (the main or auxiliary) is currently "Off" or bypassed? I can't see the valve well enough under the rear deck to tell what type it is.

dh

Bump...

Bump again...

Bump...

7. Member
    Perhaps I am totally misunderstanding your question:
    Don't know how a 2002 Main/Aux Selector Switch works..... Do you have two fuel tanks ?
    Assume it works the same as a newer Port/Starboard Selector.
    I have two tanks:
    When the arrow points at Port .... running from the Port tank
    When the arrow points at Starboard ..... running from Starboard tank
    I never use the "off" setting .... as no fuel is then coming from either tank !!

Switch.jpg
    http://www.bbcboards.net/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=92936&dateline=150203  9213
    2013 Ranger Z519 / 225 Mercury Pro XS

8. Member
    I have a 2003 620VS and the control on my boat is for the batteries. The gas tank switch is on the console panel and is electronic.

Quote Originally Posted by Michael49 View Post
    Perhaps I am totally misunderstanding your question:
    Don't know how a 2002 Main/Aux Selector Switch works..... Do you have two fuel tanks ?
    Assume it works the same as a newer Port/Starboard Selector.
    I have two tanks:
    When the arrow points at Port .... running from the Port tank
    When the arrow points at Starboard ..... running from Starboard tank
    I never use the "off" setting .... as no fuel is then coming from either tank !!

Thanks for the reply. I do have two tanks (Main and Auxiliary). Does your switch go to all 4 positions (Off, Port, Starboard, Off)? I just wanted to make sure when I rotated the switch I had the correct tank flowing fuel.

dh

Quote Originally Posted by geobass View Post
    I have a 2003 620VS and the control on my boat is for the batteries. The gas tank switch is on the console panel and is electronic.
    I have a switch on my panel as well for each tank. I thought it was for the gauge reading. How does yours electronically switch between tanks? I don't have any wires or electronic valves anywhere on or near the fuel tanks.

dh

11. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by darleyhavidson View Post
    I have a switch on my panel as well for each tank. I thought it was for the gauge reading. How does yours electronically switch between tanks? I don't have any wires or electronic valves anywhere on or near the fuel tanks.

dh
    Good question, I don't know. I thought by the switch on the panel it activated the cross over. My fuel tank is in the middle of the boat. Not sure about this switch at the rear, like I say I thought it was for the batteries.