Question TM Transom Mount Issue

I have a Minn Kota Endura 55lb thrust transom mount motor (5-speed) mounted on the front of my Jon boat.

Up until yesterday I never once experienced the following problem: When I turn the handle quickly to the highest setting (5th speed) the motor shifts/tilts in an upright position (moves up several notches – there are 10 notches) obviously caused by the sudden powerful thrust.

Again, this problem never existed until yesterday. I inspected the clamp and I didn’t see anything broken. Although I didn’t notice anything visually, something is likely worn, but what? Does anyone have any suggestions? Thanks.

2. Member
    Weak spring on the detent.

3. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by billnorman1 View Post
    Weak spring on the detent.
    Thanks for the suggestion. I didn't give the spring a second thought as it appears to be working properly, but it makes a lot of sense. So, can I remove and stretch the spring or do I have to replace it?

4. Member
    On the mount, there is a "paddle" looking locking bar. make sure the ends are not broke off of it.
    BBC Sponsor since 2006: (870) 773-3474
    Mon - Thrs 8am - 5pm Central
    Friday 8am-12pm
    Garmin Certified Dealer and Installers: Call us for all your Garmin Electronics needs!
    ASC for: Garmin, Lowrance, Minnkota, Humminbird, and Powerpole.
    [SIGPIC] http://www.jonestrollingmotor.com
    [/SIGPIC]

5. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Jonestrollingmotor View Post
    On the mount, there is a "paddle" looking locking bar. make sure the ends are not broke off of it.
    I took the assembly apart today. I inspected the ends on the t-bar and they are not broken. I'm beginning to think it's a weak spring as was suggested earlier, so I stretched the spring and re-assembled everything. I'll see how it works out on my next trip out.