New Helix 10 MEGA says “not enough memory for all nav data”

Moved my original Helix 10 to the bow and Trying to load my waypoints from that unit to my new Mega unit mounted at the console via SD card and it is reading “not enough memory for all nav data”. I only have about 750 waypoints in the unit that I’m trying to transfer from. I checked the card on humminbird pc and they are downloaded, but can’t understand why they won’t upload from the card to the new unit. Even went and bought a new card in case the one I had was bad.

Any ideas?

What size memory card?
    Wayne Purdum
    Charlottesville, Va.
    Helix 12 CHIRP MEGA+ SI G3N/G4N, Helix 15 CHIRP MEGA SI+ GPS G4N
    SOLIX 12 SI/G3, Helix 8 CHIRP MEGA SI+ G4N, Ultrex 80/LINK, MEGA360,
    MEGA LIVE, LIVE TL

3. Member
    The original card I had was a 2gb, the new one is a 32 gb
    Last edited by Whatley659; 08-19-2018 at 04:49 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Whatley659 View Post
    The original card I had was a 2gb, the new one is a 32 gb
    OK, those should work. Maybe corrupted waypoints.

Check your data with HumminbirdPC and if you have renamed any and used symbols, spaces, or too many characters (stay within the name block), rename them and copy the corrected file to the memory card and try that.
    Wayne Purdum
    Charlottesville, Va.
    MEGA LIVE, LIVE TL

5. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Wayne P. View Post
    OK, those should work. Maybe corrupted waypoints.

Check your data with HumminbirdPC and if you have renamed any and used symbols, spaces, or too many characters (stay within the name block), rename them and copy the corrected file to the memory card and try that.
    Thanks, ok just tried that and all of the way points are are 7 or less characters with no symbols or spaces. 90% of them are labeled the way the unit named them like WP001 etc..

some of them are listed as S00029, representing a snapshot, with the camera as the icon.

when I try to load them up from my PC to the 32gb card, it says “upload data error. Not enough space exception!l

So they loaded from the old unit to the PC, but won’t load bac to the card from the PC. And they won’t load from the card to the new unit.

Do you have any tracks? Check the track pts. If you have any with a huge number of trackpoints, delete or move them. I had created some tracks on the Navionics app that turned into 20k trackpoint tracks by the time I got them into Humminbird format. Made for some strange errors in the unit.

Try just moving waypoints and see if that solves the problem. No routes or tracks.

2019 Basscat Caracal
    225 Evinrude G2
    Solix 12 Mega SI bow and console
    Mega Live
    36V Ultrex

Since you have the data on HBPC, format the memory card, then load the data to the memory card and try.
    Wayne Purdum
    Charlottesville, Va.
    MEGA LIVE, LIVE TL

8. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Hollada View Post
    Do you have any tracks? Check the track pts. If you have any with a huge number of trackpoints, delete or move them. I had created some tracks on the Navionics app that turned into 20k trackpoint tracks by the time I got them into Humminbird format. Made for some strange errors in the unit.

Try just moving waypoints and see if that solves the problem. No routes or tracks.
    Thanks, No tracks or routes saved. Just trying to move the waypoints.

9. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Hollada View Post

ok I’ll try that.

10. Member
    FYI. I'm having the same problem at times on both of my Helix units. It started after updating the software. My Helix 12 is back to support for the second time now. In my case after this happens two things. If I just put the card back in again sometimes the rest of the waypoints will load. On my Helix 12 if I go to the menu and list the waypoints all of them will have weird names and as I scroll through the list a lot of them will delete and the others the name will be truncated. A lot of my names are like OUA 0001 others are just as OUA0001 as an example.
    2021 Skeeter ZX225
    2021 Yamaha SHO 225 VF225LA

11. Member
    Well that allowed the waypoints to be uploaded from the PC to the card, but still get the same message on the Mega unit.
    ”Not enough memory for all the nav data.”
    i wonder if it might be the unit. I’ll reach out to HB tomorrow.

12. Member
    Humminbird got me there. What they had me do is reformat the unit.
    Then load the card again. I have Waypoints now!
    Thanks for y’all help and comments.

Steve,

Quote Originally Posted by Whatley659 View Post
    Humminbird got me there. What they had me do is reformat the unit.
    Then load the card again. I have Waypoints now!
    Thanks for y’all help and comments.

Steve,
    Steve - I am getting the same error message on one of my new Helix 12 MSI GPS G3N units. Software is up to date ver. 2.110. I have transferred the NAV data without issue on my other 3 units. It took seconds, but this unit will not up load nav data. It recognizes the SD card in the GPS System test screen. I am using a 32 gb card. So I attempted to exported my nav data from another helix 12, the unit would prompt me do you want to transfer data once I insert the SD card and then I tab over YES and then the unit cycles for close to a minute and then gives me the error message NOT ENOUGH MEMORY TO LOAD ALL NAV DATA. I only have 905 waypts. I deleted tracks and routes

How do you reformat the unit?
    Chris Hoffman
    Londonderry, NH

2022 SKEETER FXR20 APEX w/ 250hp SHO
    1x APEX 13 MSI+, 1x Solix 12 chirp MSI+ G3, 1x Solix 15 chirp MSI+ G3. AS GPS HS, Mega 360 Imaging. MK Ultrex MDI w/ iPilot link, MegaLive with Targetlock and 8’ MK
    Raptors and Ionic Lithium Batteries

><((((º>`·.¸¸´¯`·.¸><(((º>`·.¸¸´¯`·.¸><(((º>.·´¯`·. ><((((º>`·.¸¸.·´¯`·...¸><((((º>`·.¸¸. ·´ ¯`·...><(((º>

14. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by HoffaFXR20 View Post
    Steve - I am getting the same error message on one of my new Helix 12 MSI GPS G3N units. Software is up to date ver. 2.110. I have transferred the NAV data without issue on my other 3 units. It took seconds, but this unit will not up load nav data. It recognizes the SD card in the GPS System test screen. I am using a 32 gb card. So I attempted to exported my nav data from another helix 12, the unit would prompt me do you want to transfer data once I insert the SD card and then I tab over YES and then the unit cycles for close to a minute and then gives me the error message NOT ENOUGH MEMORY TO LOAD ALL NAV DATA. I only have 905 waypts. I deleted tracks and routes

Maybe try resetting the unit to factory default?

Quote Originally Posted by HoffaFXR20 View Post

You don't, you do Format Nav Directories in the Setup menu.
    Wayne Purdum
    Charlottesville, Va.
    MEGA LIVE, LIVE TL