Banned

Posting for Jim Dunn, product he likes.

As some here know, posting pics on this site can be challenging. So Jim asked me to post these for him because they make maintenance of his batteries a lot easier. The batteries on his 210 are tucked up under the splashwell and you can’t check the water level easily. I’ll let Jim give the details of the install.

I had to remove the oil tank and bracket to make room to move the batteries out in the open. There had to be a better way! Hopefully this is it. I'm going to forward this to Kelly and see if he can get it incorporated into the factory options. For $100.00 I think it's worth it. Anybody else using this product?
    I got nothin

3. Banned
    Nope never had to add more then one time a year. Never had a boat that had that much of a issue reaching the batteries.

Me either, until now.
    I got nothin

5. Honda / Raymarine Moderator Hickory Legend's Avatar
    I ran it on my old Xpress with great success. Go down every month and hook it up to some distilled water and give it a pump or two and your done.

Now I use lithium and don't have to worry about it.

Why do you have it just hooked to one battery? You should be able to daisy chain the set up on all three batteries so you fill them all at once.

I put one on each battery that is WAY under the rear deck. Didn't daisy chain them as I was concerned the longer tube would get pulled off trying to store stuff. The 3rd battery for the 36v system is easy to get to.

Hick post up a picture of your lith battery set up.
    I got nothin

7. Member
    Looks nice
    how do u know when the battery is full
    i never service my batteries to flood level

8. Born on th Llano Estacado Tx Champ's Avatar
    When you pump the fuel bulb, there are check valves that will close when the water gets to the correct level in each cell. The secret is to pump it hard & fast. I put this on the 93 Champ 201 I had and was kind of easy going when I pumped the water. Result was I was over filling the cells and it was spilling out onto tops of the batteries. After visiting with Ron (I think, been 8-9 yrs ago) we determined that is what was happening. After changing my technique, I didn't have any problems. I'm considering going to 36v on my 210 & if I do, I'll either have to mount the 3rd battery under the rear area, ahead of the transom or relocate my oil tank there and install a remote fill. If the battery goes under there, I'll definitely look into Flow-Rite again.

9. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Tx Champ View Post
    When you pump the fuel bulb, there are check valves that will close when the water gets to the correct level in each cell. The secret is to pump it hard & fast. I put this on the 93 Champ 201 I had and was kind of easy going when I pumped the water. Result was I was over filling the cells and it was spilling out onto tops of the batteries. After visiting with Ron (I think, been 8-9 yrs ago) we determined that is what was happening. After changing my technique, I didn't have any problems. I'm considering going to 36v on my 210 & if I do, I'll either have to mount the 3rd battery under the rear area, ahead of the transom or relocate my oil tank there and install a remote fill. If the battery goes under there, I'll definitely look into Flow-Rite again.

The secret is to, “pump hard and fast” huh? Does this go for other things in life too?

10. Honda / Raymarine Moderator Hickory Legend's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Jim Dunn View Post
    I put one on each battery that is WAY under the rear deck. Didn't daisy chain them as I was concerned the longer tube would get pulled off trying to store stuff. The 3rd battery for the 36v system is easy to get to.

Hick post up a picture of your lith battery set up.
    Jim do you have Power Poles?
    Attached Images Attached Images

11. Born on th Llano Estacado Tx Champ's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by grout-scout View Post
    The secret is to, “pump hard and fast” huh? Does this go for other things in life too?
    Depends on if that's how you roll or not ...

Quote Originally Posted by Hickory Legend View Post
    Not yet. Momma says not until she gets a new utility room..

I see 3 batteries? Isn't one a 36v and the other 12v? Or do you have a 36v trolling motor?
    I got nothin

Quote Originally Posted by Hickory Legend View Post
    Not yet. Momma says not until she gets a new utility room..
    I got nothin

14. Honda / Raymarine Moderator Hickory Legend's Avatar
    No its 2 36 volt 40 Ah, and one 12 volt 110Ah.

Wow! I know where money goes to get spent
    I got nothin

Daymn Jim-- I have 4 batteries in the back of my 496 and donthave any trouble. Why did Charger build the 210 like that?

Well, you have to remember this is more Champion than Charger. Over on the Champion forum you read about boats needing to remove gas tanks to get to the bilge, do there's that.
    I got nothin