Re-Power from old to new. What's needed?

Existing motor is 2002 90 ELPT4S Serial 0T562954
    Putting some serious thought into repowering to a new 115 4 stroke Pro XS.

Boat is a 2002 Nitro 700 lx (r&p cable steering) Other than fuel line w/o bulb and external filter, what else should I take into account for additional costs?
    Gauges, ignition adapter,etc?
    Thanks in advance

2. Member
    Oops Thread title should read Repower not Firepower

Can mods help with this?

<Edit- Moderator Correction> 896542T01 Quicksilver adapter is all you need. Everything you have will work. The smaller engines 2.1L & 3L have been coming with new battery cables too. You'll have to set your tach to the 4s is all
    Last edited by EuropeanAM; 08-22-2018 at 08:04 AM. Reason: Irrelevant Digits in Part Number

4. Member
    Thank you. My tach is already set to my existing 4 stroke, do I still need to adjust it? How?

5. Mercury 3L/4 Stroke/Verado Moderator EuropeanAM's Avatar
    You will need to change the fuel line (complete), with NO PRIMER BULB. An External (Racor-Style with Water in Fuel Sensor) Fuel Filter is needed with this engine model.

Dual Mercury Master Technician- for Mercury Outboards, Mercruiser and Mercury Racing at European Marine in Greenville, SC.
    Still consider myself a "Marine Apprentice" after 47 years (learn something new every day).
    Mercury Parts, Mercury Outboards, Smartcraft & Accessories, Injector Service, TDR Reeds- BBC Sponsor

6. Member
    Got it, thank you!