Z20 restoration question

Just got new project. 2008 Z20 needs a lot of work. Just put in New batteries the dash touch pad lights are all on and nothing works. Any body had this happen? Any advice would be appreciated. Bill

2. Member
    First thing to check is the breaker coming off the batteries. Should be in the back compartment driver side. If the arm is up then press the button and swing the arm down.
    2006 Ranger Z20 Comanche

3. Member
    Hey Thanks for the reply. When I turn the breaker on that's when the touch pad lights up. Nothing happens when I enter the code. Help!!Bill

4. Member
    I have to enter the code twice. First set in Wakes it up. Second set with engage the buttons to work. After the code is entered make sure you hit start after each sequence.

5. Member
    If the switch lights up, when the breaker is turned on there is a wiring concern, low voltage or switch stuck. S
    een low voltage make the switch function weird, seems like the switch locks up, after charging the battery was able to shut the switch down then turn back on and regain full function.
    I've replaced switches on a 07 z19 and z21, to my knowledge the new switches come with a new computer and harness. Verify the switch.

6. Member
    Thanks for the reply. Just took boat to get motor looked at . Boat has been setting about 4 years. Hope the electric part of the boat is good. I will try what you said when i get boat back. Thanks. Bill

Quote Originally Posted by Bait maker View Post
    Thanks for the reply. Just took boat to get motor looked at . Boat has been setting about 4 years. Hope the electric part of the boat is good. I will try what you said when i get boat back. Thanks. Bill
    Most likely bad battery especially since its been sitting 4 years. Bad battery will make for funky touch pad function. I have had that problem even when the battery seemed to be adequate but just old. Replaced it and no more problems
    Butch Derickson
    2011 Z521 w/250 hp SHO
    Traverse City, Michigan