Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Intermediate Orifice 1997 Evenrude 225

I have a 1997 Evenrude 225 Vindicator E225STLEUD the face of the carbs on my motor has two orifices one is Idle and the other is the Intermediate Orifice, also there is a Idle Air mix screw. We are thinking that the previous owner may had messed with the jets on my carbs, because of a bad dead spot in the throttle. Anyway my question is, does anyone know what that Intermediate Orifice # is and what the part number is? I can not find it anywhere, not in any manual or research I’ve done this far, my mechanic can’t even find it.
    Thanks for any info.

2. Ohio Fishing Reports Moderator omcforever's Avatar

Age and treachery will always overcome youth and skill !!

3. Ohio Fishing Reports Moderator omcforever's Avatar
    Fred aka ChampioNman knows these motors well,,,,,he will be along to help you further.....

4. SC Club Moderator ChampioNman's Avatar
    sounds like someone may have changed your carbs around.

5. Member
    Hi Fred, is there anyway I can send you a pic? Also on the air box on my motor there is a factory sticker that says for the idle air adjustment turn counter clockwise to lean and clock to richen, according to carbs that sticker is true.
    Thanks

6. Member
    OMC, thank you for the info.

7. Member
    OMC,I took a look at the link you provided and that is the only diagram I can fined on my carbs. The problem is on my carbs right above #14 ( Idle Air Orifice) there is a " Intermediate Orifice ". The only thing I can find on this orifice is a picture in the manual for my motor but that's it, no other mention or part number or anything.

8. Ohio Fishing Reports Moderator omcforever's Avatar
    I am not very educated on these motors.......the other guys can help. May want to try and get with prior owner and find out the maint history on the motor/services/repairs/replacements,,,ect. Maybe take some pics of the carbs, part numbers, orientation of them,,,,sorry.

9. Member
    Fred, the only Intermediate Orifice I can find for Evinrude is 317474 which is a #27.
    The Intermediate Orifice that is in my carbs now are #66's, seems Huge!!!
    Thanks for any help you can give.

10. Member
    OMC, I appreciate any help. I did reach out to previous owner, no luck. He said it always ran fine for him, " top end of 64-68 and good hole shot". From my understanding from research the boat should run 68-72mph. Before all this went down and I started noticing a problem I was only able to top out at 54mph, so something is a miss. All electrical under flywheel is brand new along with coils and plugs and wires. Getting great fire, it's now down to a fuel issue.

Is your idle air mixture screw threaded into the plastic carburetor body or is it threaded into the aluminum intake manifold?
    -----

A Technical troubleshooter possessing more tools than talent !

12. Member
    Hi SeaHorse, it’s threaded into the plastic carbureted body.

Your carbs are from a 1993 or an early production 1994 motor which used 2 air bleed jets plus an adjustable air mixture screw. Later '94 and newer carbs only had the single air bleed jet.
    -----

14. SC Club Moderator ChampioNman's Avatar
    Yep what the big guy said, sounds like someone installed carbs from the F suffix 1993 model year motor or a K suffix from a 1994 model year.

15. Member
    Holy Crap!!!
    Thank you SeaHores and Champ, I would have never found that info. Why the hell would someone Jerry Rig a big 225.
    Now I have to find six Correct carbs for my motor. Does the carbs as a hole have a part number, or am I going to have to pice it together?

16. Member
    SeaHorse & Fred, could someone have put a Power Head from the year models y’all told me about on my 1997??
    If that could have happened do y’all know what size Jets go into those carbs? Could I rejet to make my motor run right, if so do you know what Jets?
    Thanks

17. Member
    Here is what I’ve found, the number on the block does not match the serial on the base tag. The Base tag is G 04351356
    the Head Plug Tag is G 3300958. I guess I need to know what carbs go on that head or is that head really for my 1997 225??
    I don’t have a clue how to find that info.

If the G 04351356 is on the midsection tag with the E225STLEUD model number, that means the enigne minus the powerhead is 2007. The lower serial number that is on the block designates that the powerhead is at least several years earlier than 2007. You got one of those pieces-parts engines, something like the Johnny Cash song.

-----

19. SC Club Moderator ChampioNman's Avatar
    One thing to look at would be the wiring harness on the motor. If you have a big red plug then chances are it is a pre 1996 motor. I doubt anyone would go thru the hassle of changing the wiring harness on the motor so they may have either "hacked" the wiring harness or used an adapter cable to convert it from a pre-1996 motor to a post 1996 boat. The 1996 and up model year harness uses a multiple connector style harness known as a MWS harness. My guess is the 97 power head blew up and someone installed either a 1993 or 1994 power head on it.

20. Member
    Is this what you are talking about?
    so if it truly is a ‘93-94 Power Head then the carbs that are on it belong on it? If that’s the case why does it run so shity,
    We are going to compare the Jets with some other ones to see if they have been drilled out.
    Seahorse, I’ve always loved that song but never wanted to own one;). I guess I got it this time with no lube;).
    Much appreciation to both of y’all for your knowledge and taking the time out of your day to help.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast